Cracking Windows :(

Kay

Sep 15, 2013
Hi
Just had our window replaced by Jayco,
Our van is nearly three years old.
We bought our van at Australian Caravans.they have been very good following things up for us.

We have had the shower walls replaced last year due to the discolouring , have just changed the sink, because it wasn't done at that time and looked discoloured next to the new walls. They have also just replaced the hatch .

The work they did last year wasn't up to standard, I phoned up and complained about it,

They have fixed it all now.

We were told that they are now trying hard to improve their standard,as they know that they didn't have a good name.

I think they have had a shake up there.

Well done Australian Caravan for your help.

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
Found our side window cracked today, spoke to Camec and was told not much they could do as van was 4 yrs old, told them Jayco didn't want to know about it and i was worried that it may break worse on the trip to the corner. Told me to measure window and as a jester of good will they have sent me a new window. A big THANKS to Camec for standing behind there product.

JaycoQ

Jan 7, 2013
Highton, Geelong, Vic
Found a 50mm crack on the side window of our 2013 20.64ob while away for easter. Van was booked in for first service on our return. Dealers have gone back to the manufacturer for a replacement.

Reactions: mfexpanda

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
I spoke to Camec and they have sent me 2 new window sashes at no charge due to a common issue with them as part of good will. Camec and Jayco really do stand behind there products. Now, does anyone know how to fit them :) I have tried to find instruction on Googel but no luck. Looks like they need to be drilled out....:confused::confused:

Reactions: Pace

Macpower

Nov 10, 2013
Hi, unfortunately I have just noticed lots of vertical cracks from the bottom of the windows on one side of our 2011 18.57-6 OB :frown:. I guess I will just ring Jayco Head Office and let them know, but I assume I will have to go direct to Camec as out of warranty. I'm not sure if the fact that we are not the original owners will go against us though. Have you all owned your vans from new or have they replaced the windows on 2nd owners vans?

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
I have owned ours from new, as i had to supply to Camec our original purchase contract and other docs etc for them to approve the good will claim.

Just an update re fitting

The windows are pi$$ easy to change. Drill out the rivet for the push out arm and lift all the way up then they just come out.

Fit the new one in the reverse of removal.

My van has nice fresh crack free windows now :)

Sunny

Aug 19, 2013
Lake Macquarie
2nd owner of 2010 18.57-6 and no dramas with Camec for sash replacement under warranty, Chassis number was all that was required.
Great to see companies standing by their products still...
Window replacement is easy as @stuartcarr2002 states although loosening the grub screw within the upper sill/hinge may also help with install.
Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: Macpower

Macpower

Nov 10, 2013
Awesome, thank you. Will be getting onto Camec soon then. Hopefully they will be just as helpful and replace ours too.

rodney

Apr 23, 2014
There was a recall on windows that cracked, seems they crack because of pressure from the catches, recall had us fitting a couple of extra catches on the side to share the load and replace damaged sashes ..... i'm betting all these cracks are near the catches going vertical. might be a worth mentioning the window recall
Recall was because they didn't have enought catches and where blowing out its a fault with the came window that's who the service agent should be going to for you should get covered from memory the windows from came have a three year warranty

Reactions: Macpower and skippy

Macpower

Nov 10, 2013
Just an update .... I rang Camec today and they haven't been as nice to me as to all of you :confusion:. They have told me that I need to call Jayco and let them handle it because they didn't actually sell the window directly to me and won't deal directly with the public!! So after calling Jayco head office who told me I have to ring my local service agent and take the van to them where they will complete a report and take photo's and send it on to Camec. It is then up to Camec as to what they will do from there apparently.

So at the moment I am waiting to hear back from my local agent to see what they want to do about it. Something tells me this will not be an easy process!!

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Well I just checked my windows and bugger me both my big windows in my van have the cracks, so took photos straight away then phoned and emailed photos to local dealer. Now just to wait and see whether or not they will replace them for me. The service manager sounded positive that they will look after me but won't be until after the corner trip.

Reactions: stuartcarr2002

Macpower

Nov 10, 2013
I have been just as lucky after all and Camec are sending me 2 new windows to replace my cracked ones. Very happy camper!