Cleaning the 2.2 heron air con on my 16-49-3

MalFerraro

Sep 25, 2012
Jimboomba
www.bayset.com.au
Guys

Just wondering if there are any posts relating to

how to clean the Heron 2.2 wall mounted on a 16.49.3

Silly question I know but I have has a quick look at the head unit and compressor and they don't appear to be that easy to get at

Any help would be great
Mal
PS love the the info on here, keep up the good work

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Same as your Split system at home I would think a clean of the return air Filters underneath the unit would be all that is user serviceable anything else would needed to be done by a aircon tech

Photo of one filter in one out
image.jpg

Reactions: MalFerraro

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I remember taking the grill out of our Heron in our first van. There was 4 screws and then the fascia came out and a switch to disconnect. You had to be careful as the vents have the ability to explode into a million parts.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Same as your Split system at home I would think a clean of the return air Filters underneath the unit would be all that is user serviceable anything else would needed to be done by a aircon tech

Photo of one filter in one out
View attachment 11387

Took my filters out today, in my case they are located on top of the unit, a little dusty but not to bad so gave them a wash

Gallo

Jan 9, 2013
Lake Macquarie
No need to undo the 4 screws from memory you can unclip the grills and pull them away. Clean the filters regularly is a good tip to keep it efficient. Another thing you can do and is all a fridgie would do is give the coil of the inside unit a blow out with some compressed air. You could probably do the same with the condenser coil bit I haven't removed the cover from outside to access. The cleaner the coils are the cooler it will run. Just be careful using compressed air if you have recently been using your ac as you will have condensate water sitting in the bottom and it will go everywhere. If you can get your hands on a bottle of CO2 it will be more beneficial. Fridges usually use CO2 or Nitrogen to clean refrigeration coils but compressed air will be fine. The only other thing a fridgie would check are you head pressure and suction pressure on the compressor. If it has been running fine then there would be no need as this will indicate if you have a gas leak on the unit. This is also indicated sometimes by your refrigerant lines icing up. If you find this is happening the you may have a leak.

Hpe it helps

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
I cleaned our filters whilst on holidays, the van s only a year and a half old but they where pretty badly dusted up.

I washed them, dried then refitted.It made the air work a lot better. I was amazed at the improvement...

My covers just clipped out from under the unit, didnt take long...