Starcraft Caravan Cover Recommendations

Willow4

Sep 27, 2015
Newcastle, NSW
Hi All, well Starcraft OB 22.68.1 due this week. Beyond excited!!

Can anyone recommend a brand or type of caravan cover please and also annexe flooring.

The cover will be a temporary measure as my DH (gilmorehappy - yes, the one with his head in our wood pizza oven!!!) plans on building a structure to house the caravan once we see how it sits when we get it home.

Thanks

Last edited:

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Depending on how long before @Gilmorehappy gets around to the structure I'd go a cheap one (Ebay or similar)... If a long term project something like a Prestige brand should last a few years. (Had one on ours for three years before it fell apart). In saying that I have heard of some el cheapo ones lasting the same!

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
How good is Aldi. Will def be checking that out tomorrow thanks @chartrock !
And will check eBay too as @dagree suggests. I reckon cheap cover will do while I build the caravan base. For some reason I am imagining the thunderbirds base for inspiration...........

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
We have an Aldi one too, so far so good. As a tip, get a bigger one that the measurements of your van, it will make it easier to get on and off.

Reactions: bigcol

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
eBay is your friend. Expect to replace them every 2-3 years. Pay around $220 for one to fit 22 foot. Here's what I have on mine now.

The last one I bought (not this one) disintegrated within 6 months (one of the panels was sewn in the wrong way and had the uv protection facing in). A full refund was provided from a high volume seller on the basis of detailed photos I sent them along with a copy of their warranty conditions.

image.jpg

Reactions: bigcol

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
eBay is your friend. Expect to replace them every 2-3 years. Pay around $220 for one to fit 22 foot. Here's what I have on mine now.

The last one I bought (not this one) disintegrated within 6 months (one of the panels was sewn in the wrong way and had the uv protection facing in). A full refund was provided from a high volume seller on the basis of detailed photos I sent them along with a copy of their warranty conditions.

View attachment 36581
This one looks to be the go as the rig can be easily accessed. What do you think @Willow4 for aka ministress for finance?

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Aldi cover when they are $99. Even if you have to change it every 2 or 3 years you are still in front. Our Aldi cover is better than our old $300 cover.

Reactions: twscoot

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
We have the adco one. Am very happy with it. Not too bad putting it on and off (just awkward climbing the ladder with it). It keeps the van cool so I have found and has easy access inside when the cover is on. Am very happy with it.

Reactions: Willow4

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I had one for my Flamingo - used it once
parked it under the back patio after that............
same with the expanda

I gave it to my sister a coupe of years ago - she still hasn't used it...........

Reactions: dagree