Caravan Bra

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
Has anyone used these type of stone protection before. My local Jayco recommended this canvas guy saying he makes them and they do a pretty good job and look good as well.
He said around the 300-400 dollar mark.

Thoughts?

this pic is from google
carbra.jpg

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
It does look good but my only thought would be if dust could get behind it and rub on the fibreglass whilst travelling and scratch the fibreglass.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
*Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* with Cruza Driver. I asked a mate (a marine upholsterer) about making something like this instead of the stone guard I made and his response was, don't do it because no matter how well it is made dust and gravel will get behind it and damage the fibreglass.

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
Looks like that idea is going in the trash can, thanks fellas. OK, back to square one...LOLOLOL

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Saw this type of stone protecion quite a bit on our 4 week trip. I considered it but have to agree with the others regarding dust and stones getting behind it.

I purchased a stone stomper and couldn't be happier. It was a great conversation starter while travelling too, i think i upsold about 10 of them.

Just another option to consider if your funds will allow it.

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
Saw this type of stone protecion quite a bit on our 4 week trip. I considered it but have to agree with the others regarding dust and stones getting behind it.

I purchased a stone stomper and couldn't be happier. It was a great conversation starter while travelling too, i think i upsold about 10 of them.

Just another option to consider if your funds will allow it.

Yeah, that is my other option which I was going to go with originally. No doubt I'll be giving Christian a call sooner or later.

They had the Rock Tamers on display at the Jayco shop ,they look very well made and pretty tough but just didn't do much for me.