CANVAS vs VINYL Annex (Everything you want to know)

Pieter

Sep 1, 2011
Tieri, QLD, Australia
Why Choose Vinyl over Canvas?[/B]:hippie::focus:

Lightweight

Innova Vacationer is a lightweight, reinforced vinyl laminate, a light and rugged caravan annexe fabric designed specifically for caravan annexes.

Will not crack

Contrary to popular belief, Innova Vacationer will not split or crack. It is specifically made for touring and outdoor use. The vinyl is flexible and easy to handle whilst offering long lasting good looks at an affordable price.

Co-ordinated

Our vinyl annexes are available in a broad range of colours ensuring there is a style that will suit your caravan whether it is a early or late model.

UV Resistant

Innova Vacationer is UV resistant and is especially made for Australia’s harsh conditions and is formulated to resist degradation due to sunlight. Depending on the frequency of use, the Innova Vacationer has a life expectancy of up to 15 years of typical family holiday use.

Rot Resistant

Innova Vacationer vinyl is sanitized and eliminates the problem of rotting and mildew. You can even pack up your annexe soaking wet, however we recommend drying before long term storage. Unlike canvas, any mould or mildew is easily treated and will not affect the material.

Fire Resistant

Innova Vacationer is also fire-resistant meets the requirements of the AS9230 standards. Most other annexe fabrics fail these tests, which is a real hazard when you consider that the only exit point out of a caravan is through the annexe.

High Opacity
There is no need to worry about night time silhouettes. Innova Vacationer has a high opacity for complete privacy and although it won’t be dark inside your Kakadu AnnexeTM, you won’t feel like you are living in a glass house.

Easy to Maintain

Innova Vacationer is easily maintained. Dirt, grease, cooking fats and even that red bulldust cleans off with a gentle scrub with a soft bristle brush and most diluted mild detergents or soap. Repeat the process for difficult stains but avoid harsh cleaning agents, abrasives and hydrocarbon solvents.

No Stitching

Your Vinyl Kakadu AnnexeTM is fully welded by high frequency welding machines which means there is no stitching that will eventually leak, rot or break down. Proper welding will last the lifetime of the product.

Durability

With regular cleaning and correct treatment your Kakadu AnnexeTM will come up good as new for years to come. If treated harshly the vinyl can scratch as with many products when dragged across concrete or sharp rough edges. However with a little care your annexe will maintain its high strength and durability.

Vinyl is Cooler

Due to the reflective quality of vinyl and its smooth membrane construction, the heat simply bounces off the vinyl making it cooler inside. Canvas being a woven textured fabric, it tends to absorb the heat which then radiates inside the annexe increasing the temperature. This may be beneficial if you camp in the snow or colder environments but this is unlikely.

Made in Australia

Innova vinyls are not new products and high frequency welding is not a new technology. They have been around for some 40 years. It is a tried and trusted material that is made for Australian climates, made for Australian applications and is made to suit Australia’s varying conditions and our Australian quality control system!!!!

matt

Aug 20, 2011
Brisvegas
Excellent info, I m sticking with my kakadu vinyl annexe, and getting an extra vinyl bed fly for those wet summer trips

Reactions: Pieter

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
Vinyl is Cooler - I disagree

Due to the reflective quality of vinyl and its smooth membrane construction, the heat simply bounces off the vinyl making it cooler inside. Canvas being a woven textured fabric, it tends to absorb the heat which then radiates inside the annexe increasing the temperature. This may be beneficial if you camp in the snow or colder environments but this is unlikely.

I find that heat cannot escape inside a vinyl annexe whereas a canvas annexe has a better breathing capacity. Even though some vinyl annexes may be lighter than others, I think the newest canvas that is used for annexes is still lighter than vinyl.

Just my opinion, but I`d stick with canvas.

Lighter, breaths and is cooler, doesn`t rip as easily. The only disadvantage is you cannot let canvas stay wet when storing.