Canvas Issues...

Blueoval

Feb 5, 2012
Has anybody else had issues with the canvas pulling out of it's channels when the beds are set up? We are finding that when the (bed) roof support bars are locked into position, the canvas pulls out at the top corners. It appears the top corners of the channels are bent in to prevent tearing of the canvas, but this has the adverse affect of not holding the canvas securely in the corners.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
No I haven't seen it either, but on our last van over tightening the centre bar caused the flyscreen to part from the canvas.

Blueoval

Feb 5, 2012
Is there any way of adjusting how far it extends? This is the hard lid model that has a 'hoop' that locks into the upright position to support the canvas roof. I may have to find a way of changing its position. Thanks for your responses.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Is there any way of adjusting how far it extends? This is the hard lid model that has a 'hoop' that locks into the upright position to support the canvas roof. I may have to find a way of changing its position. Thanks for your responses.
Don't you have to insert a pole into the hoop to keep everything in position?
If you do then there is the ability to adjust that pole.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Early model hard lids didn't had the "J" hook to support the canvas/hoop bar it was added later after a lot of complaints about the canvas sagging and water pooling, hoop bar isn't adjustable only the "J" hook spreader is adjustable

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Hi there guys our canvas came out in the top corner chanels , i made up a very tight hook made out of ally strip and was able to press the canvas back down into its chanels . Touch wood there still in ......

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
nothing here for us though we too have the channelling bent over for what ever reason. though from pickpup, over j hooks were extremely tight and we backed them off and now have tried since to to tension them up up as the use of the van goes on, though we havent managed to increase them as yet. looks to me that the factory were over generous during our build, cheers.

Blueoval

Feb 5, 2012
Early model hard lids didn't had the "J" hook to support the canvas/hoop bar it was added later after a lot of complaints about the canvas sagging and water pooling, hoop bar isn't adjustable only the "J" hook spreader is adjustable

Thanks for the info Bushman. When you say 'early' do you mean the early hard lid models? Do the more recent hard lids have a 'J' hook?