Bushie's New Shak (SOLD)

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
16Ltr per/100 is that over more than 3 tanks @Bushman if so you got to be happy with that.:encouragement:

Good that the draw bar is illuminated at night and just add a Led/lamp on the off side at a later date.

One thing I did notice is that the Pajero looked a bit lower in the rear with the new van connected:eek-53:

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
16Ltr per/100 is that over more than 3 tanks @Bushman if so you got to be happy with that.:encouragement:

Good that the draw bar is illuminated at night and just add a Led/lamp on the off side at a later date.

One thing I did notice is that the Pajero looked a bit lower in the rear with the new van connected:eek-53:

In the long shot of them together it was parked in a bit of a dip so does look a bit saggy in the bum, also my chains are too long, I had to pull them up a link, could come up another one yet.

One thing I did note after dragging it around for the second day was the WDH seem to make more creaking and groaning than usual, checked it out while at Bairnsdale only to find the brackets on the drawer bar weren't quite in the right place and had come loose:eek-53: Goose at the dealership hadn't tightened them enough

Last edited:
Reactions: skippy

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
In the long shot of them together it was parked in a bit of a dip so does look a bit saggy in the bum, also my chains are too long, I had to pull the up a link, could come up another one yet.

One thing I did note after dragging it around for the second day was the WDH seem to make more creaking and groaning than usual, checked it out while at Bairnsdale only to find the brackets one the drawer bar weren't quite in the right place and had come loose:eek-53: Goose at the dealership hadn't tightened them enough
Did they set it up properly because maybe it needs to be adjusted as well? The WDH will work alot harder on the new van as its a lot heaver.
I too notice on my bigger van that the WDH is making more groans as well.
Before to long you will have it sorted I am sure ;)

Reactions: Bushman

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
DSCN0379.JPG

DSCN0380.JPG

DSCN0381.JPG

DSCN0385.JPG

All switchs for Pump, HWS, Battery and Tank located in the cupboard, no going outside to switch between gas/240, note the flush mount Range Hood.

DSCN0390.JPG

the Brains of the van

DSCN0391.JPG

Note the swing away gas bottle brackets, didn't expect than. One thing they did stuff up was on the front behind the gas bottles was meant to be chequer plate not vinyl, however it was an oversight on both sides, I didn't notice it was wrong on the final spec sheet/order and they didn't notice it on original order, they did however without fuss compensate us for that.

DSCN0393.JPG

Nice and tidy underneath with most of the plumbing running down the right side, and only crossing where it needs to. There's even provision for a 3rd tank in front. get pic of that later.

Last edited:

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I measured the body length external, came up a 6.7 mtrs (excluding standard drawer bar and rear bumper) Internal front window above bed to rear bunk window 6.4 mtrs approx.,
/QUOTE]

Wow mate that makes it close to 22' !

The Paj is a great tug and underrated

Last edited:

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Well! after 2,402 km round trip over 16 days, the big bird is home parked on it's nest.
this included

1 night in Yea (Victoria) Motel, which put us within an easy drive next day to pick up the beast
1 night in Lilydale, not far from the dealership (just as well) because we had to go back, Also caught up @cruza driver that afternoon, thanks for dropping by mate :thumb:
2 nights Philip Is, lucky to get in there.
2 nights Bairnsdale, then big days drive to Batemans Bay
9 nights Batemans Bay.
the beast has certainly been christened, with all sorts of weather conditions throughout her maiden journey.2015-01-26 16.31.30.jpg

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Great work. Now we'd just like a written commitment that you won't stray from us here and keep us informed of all your adventures and mods! Congratulations on the safe arrival of the new toy. Looks fabulous on the pad.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Great work. Now we'd just like a written commitment that you won't stray from us here and keep us informed of all your adventures and mods! Congratulations on the safe arrival of the new toy. Looks fabulous on the pad.

I wont be straying off anywhere, unless my fellow Mod's and the Big Boss :ban: me for jumping ship :devilish:
Can't see that happening after all, someone has to keep you lot in line :D

Looks good @Bushman. Now get out and enjoy it. :D

Yep just have to get it all legal, (registered) Already thinking of Easter weekend, but will be getting her out well before that.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Congratulations @Bushman, when you get a chance, would love to see some pics of the inside (think it's a girl thing :) ) It looks so beautifully finished and very jealous of the island bed.
Thanks, Mrs W.

There is some earlier in the thread, but I'll be adding some more when I can get outside,:rain: :rain::rain:

Reactions: Wanda

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Congratulations @Bushman, when you get a chance, would love to see some pics of the inside (think it's a girl thing :) ) It looks so beautifully finished and very jealous of the island bed.
Thanks, Mrs W.

Here ya go @Wanda (Mrs W)
DSCN0414.JPG

Top Bunk folded away, allow for more head room for bottom bunk or to be used as lounge. Reading lights, 12v and double 240v outlets in each bunk

DSCN0415.JPG

DSCN0416.JPG

DSCN0420.JPG

DSCN0424.JPG

The ensuite is quite large for a combo unit, very light and airy with window and roof hatch, makes a great change room when enquired.

DSCN0423.JPG

DSCN0421.JPG

A/C is low profile and remote, IBIS 3

DSCN0422.JPG

Distressed Timber look vinyl floor.

Last edited: