16' Series Bubble on bed lid - warning

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
Thanks gents for your replies.

This was actually the third service performed on the van. I bought this van secondhand, and it had already had two services performed on it. I thought that since the bed lid had a bubble on it, and the jockey wheel bracket needed replacing that I would have them perform a service on the van for my peace of mind. Still think that $585 is a rip off!!

Cheers

Ch00ka77

Apr 28, 2012
Maffra VIC
Silver fox we had ours in for some warranty repairs and I said I just packed the bearings myself and when I picked it up I said how much and they said there is no cost as it is all under warranty.

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
Hi Chooka,

Thanks. My vans a 2010 vintage and therefore is now out of warranty. I'm happy (at least at the moment), that the bed lid is going to be replaced by Jayco. I'm hopeful that its not going to cost me anything.

Cheers

Reactions: Ch00ka77

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hi,

Well I had the van serviced yesterday, and I can't believe what the cost of the service was. Its NOT a car, no engine etc, but was charged $585. What did I get for my money, well I'm told that the bearings were cleaned and repacked, all of the plumbing was checked, the brakes were adjusted, I needed a new corner stay, and the pump tap to draw water from the tank (no electric pump in mine) needed to be replaced. Oh the other reason was that the jockey wheel bracket needed replacing and so a new one needed to be welded on. That's it - $585.

Regarding the bed lid, a new one has been ordered to replace the front bed lid that has a bubble on it, which was the other reason for me to take the van into Jayco. I'm pretty happy about the fact that it is being replaced and hopefully at no further cost to me!!

Anyway, I can't stop feeling like I've been ripped off!!

Anybody with similar experiences?

Cheers
Holy crap!! Sounds like you have paid for the hard lid work in advance also.

Expandaman

May 24, 2013
Dalby - QLD
We had the same problem with our bed lids on our old 2011 16.49. We were told by Brisbane Camperland that the lids were part of a defective manufacturing batch. We had them replaced under warranty with no hassles. As for the servicing, I never bothered to get it serviced, nor have i bothered to get the one I've got now serviced. When I asked what they do in a service, the only major thing they could come up with was repack the bearings. Stuffed if I am paying them to do that, I am more than capable of doing that. I think I'll pay myself to do them. In saying that, we have had Brisbane Camperland do work on our vans in the past and they do a very good job and are always professional. Labour rates these days are what drives the servicing price up. The servicing departments could be charging out @ $70-$100 / hour. Allways get a quote in writing prior to getting any work done as well as always getting the service report explained to you upon pickup PRIOR to payment.

Reactions: Bmhdg76