Sterling Both a Flick Tap and a Mixer

CousinLarry

May 28, 2019
Nd513112
Hi
Please forgive me if it's a dumb question but, I'm extremely new to the world of caravanning and have just recently picked up a 2010 Sterling Outback Pop Top. I'm curious why there is both a flick tap and a mixer? Both appear to work fine, but why are two taps needed? Do they feed off the separate water tanks, i.e. one for primarily drinking water?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• flick tap.JPG
    flick tap.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 367

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Hi @CousinLarry and welcome to the forum. We don't have dumb questions on this forum. The flick tap is not standard and is probably connected through a filter system to provide filtered drinking water. Have a look in the cupboard under the sink and you may find a filter under there. Ask any questions you like and somebody here will have an answer.

CousinLarry

May 28, 2019
Nd513112
Thanks for your response chartrock I never realised it wasn't standard, I couldn't find a filter but, I'll search a bit harder to see if I can trace the pipes feeding it.
I've got lots to learn and already spent a lot of time reading the forums as
there's a wealth of knowledge on there!

Reactions: chartrock

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Not a dumb question but whats in the clean skin ............ a very tastefull photo as well.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Chartrock is right the tap with the black on it is run through a filter under sink maybe change it you dont know how long its been in there maybe since new yep change it and get a B.E.S.T water filter to filter water comming in to tanks and van most parks have terrible water pipes you will be surprized how much crap you catch with a b.e.s.t water filter you can back wash them not cheap but worth every cent

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Welcome aboard @CousinLarry ... until today Larry was a cousin I didn't previously have. You'll find a very community spirited bunch of people here, and none of the negativity often found generally on social media. Ask whatever questions you have, and as a newby you may well have a couple. Youll get nothing but positive support here

Reactions: Bluey and chartrock