Sterling Both a Flick Tap and a Mixer

May 28, 2019
Nd513112
Hi
Please forgive me if it's a dumb question but, I'm extremely new to the world of caravanning and have just recently picked up a 2010 Sterling Outback Pop Top. I'm curious why there is both a flick tap and a mixer? Both appear to work fine, but why are two taps needed? Do they feed off the separate water tanks, i.e. one for primarily drinking water?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Hi @CousinLarry and welcome to the forum. We don't have dumb questions on this forum. The flick tap is not standard and is probably connected through a filter system to provide filtered drinking water. Have a look in the cupboard under the sink and you may find a filter under there. Ask any questions you like and somebody here will have an answer.

May 28, 2019
Nd513112
Thanks for your response chartrock I never realised it wasn't standard, I couldn't find a filter but, I'll search a bit harder to see if I can trace the pipes feeding it.
I've got lots to learn and already spent a lot of time reading the forums as
there's a wealth of knowledge on there!

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
Chartrock is right the tap with the black on it is run through a filter under sink maybe change it you dont know how long its been in there maybe since new yep change it and get a B.E.S.T water filter to filter water comming in to tanks and van most parks have terrible water pipes you will be surprized how much crap you catch with a b.e.s.t water filter you can back wash them not cheap but worth every cent

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Welcome aboard @CousinLarry ... until today Larry was a cousin I didn't previously have. You'll find a very community spirited bunch of people here, and none of the negativity often found generally on social media. Ask whatever questions you have, and as a newby you may well have a couple. Youll get nothing but positive support here