17' Series Blueys 2014 1756-2 outback

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
that is good news
pity they did something as stupid as those mattresses,
why they couldn't just raise the level of the tunnel, and have a 50/50 split mattress to start with..........

or was/is that beyond comprehension...............

Reactions: Bluey and dagree

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
View attachment 26253

View attachment 26254

hi all here's a pic of my first real mod my new drainage system I had the fittings at beaufort to show an easier way sort of had the idea but after talking too Colin and sue aka ideas are us we came up with this its great just slip on fittings and screw up rest stays one piece and screw on hose of corse much better mf expanda and smergen

Don't know about "ideas man" but always looking for an easy/overkill way as some call it.
Lov the pic glad it worked for you.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
hey colin forgot to ask got the channel for the table at work its 55mm wide ???? any good

Not sure I used 50mm, but you could tape it in position and shut the lid to check it fits, remember to keep it up from the bottom so the bed end can be dropped without it hitting the bac of van. Mines 65 mm up from bottom hinge.

Reactions: Bluey

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
View attachment 26253

View attachment 26254

hi all here's a pic of my first real mod my new drainage system I had the fittings at beaufort to show an easier way sort of had the idea but after talking too Colin and sue aka ideas are us we came up with this its great just slip on fittings and screw up rest stays one piece and screw on hose of corse much better mf expanda and smergen

Great job @Bluey I'm going to do the same

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
So I'm guessing it drains away quick enough from the sink and doesn't back flow into the shower?

Which is exactly what happened when I pulled the plug on the first load of dishes I did in the van on the weekend. Might need to get underneath and have a look to see if I can mirror @Bluey 's mods.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I'm pretty sure that's why the twin manifold is so long before it goes into the single outlet to prevent this happening. It stops it tracking back up the shower outlet before it can drain away.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
mmmmmm good point don't think it did but will check tomoz can easily make them longer I have a black hose that fits the fittings just didn't like pushing on the pvc maybe a bit of refining

See how you go bluey, easy fix. Sink flows quick I reckon cause the shower drains acting like a breather.
Can still have ur quick connect screw on fittings, but just with extended manifold.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I'm pretty sure that's why the twin manifold is so long before it goes into the single outlet to prevent this happening. It stops it tracking back up the shower outlet before it can drain away.
I had a look at the manifold that came with the van and it's got a lot of restrictions at the bends so I'm doing the same as @Bluey should work better

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
g'day mfexpanda question bro where did u get ur super long gas hose from and the key to the water not running up the shower is a bigger hose coming off the pvc I changed mine to inside diameter of 32mm and is doing the job but refining this weekend more pics to come the water must get away fast bunnings had a black screw adapter to size it up heaps stay tuned
Bluey I got the hose from @Ligedy who is a member here and I have done like you with the pvc plus our hose is 32mm
So hopefully no problems .
Maybe I should connect the hose and turn on the tap and shower and see what happens ?

Reactions: Bluey

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
well I did it thought it would work and its done !!!!! fitted a cot to the van , my young fella was sleeping in a porta cot in the bed end which has side zips to get him in and out , but as he gets bigger this was no longer going to work , so a cot it is and also somewhere to trap him if needed , im very pleased with it and love the swing door , as we need the top bunk for storage an up and down gate was no good to get him in and out , its solid and should survive his punishment , still got access to draws and heaps of storage underneath no table in the way , u can see to in one of the pics where we put our camp chairs when traveling and the clear hooks we use the one near the stove we hang a tea towel on but it will also keep gate back when not quite level most important wife is happy Giddy up
Well done @Bluey looks great I'd paint the 2bottom boards

Reactions: dagree

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Great mod @Bluey.
If Jayco HQ were on the ball, they would be on this forum everyday, getting ideas for their new models. Real life additions from real owners. Can't get better product research that that.
Maybe they are on here...........Hey mr Jayco,?how about a reverse cycle a/c that works in the cold!!!!