Journey Bill's Journey 17.55-9OB

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Relocation of power point and aerial outlet finished.....

image.jpeg

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Some photos of top half - will take underneath photos later....

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Fuel tank

image.jpeg

Tangle of wires will be tidied up...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

How the moving of Wyngard outlet and power point finished up (off topic photo)

image.jpeg

Heater controller...

It fired up on third attempt later in the day - no noisier the air con unit - noisier though than the Truma gas heater I put in the Expanda. Noise from outside greater than expected, but will not be left running overnight unless absolutely necessary. Within a few minutes it pushed inside temperature up a couple of degrees.
Will be great at Stanthorpe and later on at the Flinders.

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Time consuming pffffftt what are you going to do now??? I bet you're bored already lol
Well Dave - bored, no - busy, yes. Took the van to Forster 2 days ago, helping son etc move into their new home tomorrow - trip OK except for major storm, at one point could only see about 3 metres in front of us, so pulled over for a while. Parked van at their new place even though they don't get the keys till Friday. Back to Narara today to load car and trailer with all their stuff stored in our garage. Return to Forster tomorrow for a few days to help them move in plus minding granddaughters a few days while both parents work. Safety Dave rear view camera arrived today - yet another job to complete.
Looking forward to Stanthorpe - yes, you talked us into it!
Hope work does not get in the way of you and Carmel being there, though good to see you have a new job and are a productive member of society again, unlike myself!
Looking forward to a quiet Scotch with you,
Bill (one of the old buggers)

Reactions: achjimmy and dagree

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Good to see Bill, we should be at Stanthorpe I am taking the Friday off so we will arrive in daylight all being well. All I have to do is book it this weekend as I'm off to China on Sunday.
PS not so much of the old ;)

Reactions: Billrw136

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Update on diesel heater - once up to set temperature the noise becomes much less. Prefer it to the Truma setup I had in the Expanda - that used a heap of gas one winter night in Hall's Gap three years ago.

Reactions: bloke

norm walker

Oct 21, 2013
huonville tasmania

bloke

Apr 25, 2016
Bendigo
Update on diesel heater - once up to set temperature the noise becomes much less. Prefer it to the Truma setup I had in the Expanda - that used a heap of gas one winter night in Hall's Gap three years ago.
@Billrw136 , I just caught up and read through your thread here. Some great mods and a great looking van.

How is that diesel heater going? Still happy with it, and still think it suits better than the gas one you said you had in the past? I am trying to decide between diesel or gas for a future install... Can't decide!

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
@bloke - very happy so far. We were in Stanthorpe the other weekend and gave it some use. Worked very well. I haven't topped up the diesel tank so have no idea as to how much diesel was used. No regrets so far. Either gas or diesel work very well, but have a hunch that the diesel is more economical - will let people know once I have topped up the tank.

Reactions: bloke