Journey Bill's Journey 17.55-9OB

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Jeeps looking good with the lift and bar Bill?
Yes Jim - the new suspension compensates for the weight of the steel bar. Car rides much better - less pitching for want of a better word and the little bit of lift is good. Heading off again soon for a couple of weeks. I realised the only jack I had was the scissor type that came with the van, hence purchase of "Kojack"!
Bill

Reactions: achjimmy

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yeah well if you remember when we met in Broken Hill I had mentioned the joys of using the Jayco Jack on the outbacks??? Be interested to see more in the kojack? Did you get the brackets to attach to the van or just the Jack? Is it heavy?

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Hey Bill, I hope you don't spend all the money from the sale of the business. Remember the granny flat. :boink:
The granny flat is progressing s l o w l y Paul. We have to have a survey of that part of the property done - should happen this week. Also we have only received approx. 25% of the money for the business - slightly irritating/frustrating/annoying to say the least.
We have been clearing stuff out of the garage - have sold a few things on Gumtree - so not desperate yet!!

Reactions: chartrock

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Yeah well if you remember when we met in Broken Hill I had mentioned the joys of using the Jayco Jack on the outbacks??? Be interested to see more in the kojack? Did you get the brackets to attach to the van or just the Jack? Is it heavy?
It comes as a kit - check out Caravansplus or Northern RV - weighs about 12kg. Tested it this afternoon (well - made sure it goes up and down!)

Reactions: achjimmy and dagree

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Just completed a few simple things to make life on the road more organised.......

image.jpg
Made a simple wooden box to hold the butane twin burner............the original flimsy plastic box failed....

image.jpg
It has a magnetic catch and finger holes to carry it and help open it - so no handles to catch on things in the boot
image.jpeg
Wooden box to hold 12 butane cylinders.....

image.jpeg
Box to sit on top of that one to hold BBQ items - pizza stone, tongs, fire starters, matches etc...
The Baby Q is carried in its duffle bag in the back of the car

image.jpeg
Simple lid on top of the BBQ items box to act as shelf. The item in red us a folding ladder - used when setting up AFK.

image.jpeg
Bought a plastic storage box with lid to hold BEST water filter, flat drinking hose and other sundry items - stops the front plastic box from getting wet inside....

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Very well organised.

That was my aim but I haven't even managed to get close.

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Sorry some of my comments are out of synch - read later first!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Shot below shows modified hole on RHS
image.jpeg
Started a few things - first the big pain in the proverbial for me has been the location of the Wyngard and double power point at the foot of my bed - had to disconnect the aerial connection to the TV or risk kicking it out in the night with my feet. So I am relocating the Wyngard and power point to an out of the way position higher up under the overhead cupboards. Backing board and box knocked up today - this will also have a couple of USB outlets in it. Will be painted gloss black (matching the black leather elsewhere in van) rather than trying to match paper laminate on existing decor. If this works it will also mean I will be able to put pull out pantry in narrow cupboard behind.
image.jpeg

Existing holes above

image.jpeg

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
bugger me Bill, you need to go on the road and just enjoy lol, you should make it to Stanthorpe in June it will be a hoot
Thanks for suggesting that Dave - just checked out where it us - only 684km up the New England highway.
Doable if in July rather than June. Anne in Kythera in May, then we have grandson sitting duties in June down south.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
our van came with a similar table leg that was telescopic (not ordered that way) it was so unstable you couldn't use the table, they replaced the table leg with a diffeent type (tommy table) which is now stable however the leg is so bulky its awkward to get around the table and has.minimal clearance between the table top and seat cushion. So yet again we need to trplace the table leg.

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
This one can be compressed to make a bed base. It is very stable lots screws holding it down. The diameter of the base is much less than the wineglass support it has replaced. Now very easy to get in next to the table.