Old & Moved Bill's 16.49-3OB for sale (sold)

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
Thanks Silverfox for the links - glad you are happy with your Jeep - looking forward to getting ours - we do the trip to Griffith several times a year to visit our son and his wife and baby daughter - it will be interesting to see how it compares to the LR.

Bill

Hi Bill,

This is my first Jeep. I've never owned an LR so can't comment on how it compares. Sorry. When I tow my van with the Jeep, I'm averaging around 12 to 13l/100 which I'm pretty happy about. I generally sit on the speed limit.

Last edited:

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Hi Bill,

This is my first Jeep. I've never owned an LR so can't comment on how it compares. Sorry. When I tow my van with the Jeep, I'm averaging around 12 to 13l/100 which I'm pretty happy about. I generally sit on the speed limit.

Those figures are great - on our recent trip to the Grampians we used between 15 and 18 l/100. Around home I use approx. 11. The petrol Pajero I had before the LR used 16-17 around home!
Had another peek at a Laredo yesterday - interesting to see battery is under the driver's seat.

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
Those figures are great - on our recent trip to the Grampians we used between 15 and 18 l/100. Around home I use approx. 11. The petrol Pajero I had before the LR used 16-17 around home!
Had another peek at a Laredo yesterday - interesting to see battery is under the driver's seat.

Hi Bill,

Yep, battery is under the drivers seat. I found that interesting too. Underneath the bonnet there are connections for jump starting the car. These are on the drivers side just above the front wheel. Around town without the van, I'm seeing around 9.4l/100 to 9.6l/100 which is just awesome. Remember, I have the 5 speed, so with your 8 speed, you should see even better figures.

Lots more information on the Grand Cherokee here http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2menu.htm

Enjoy!!

Cheers

Luis

Reactions: Billrw136

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Hi Bill,

Yep, battery is under the drivers seat. I found that interesting too. Underneath the bonnet there are connections for jump starting the car. These are on the drivers side just above the front wheel. Around town without the van, I'm seeing around 9.4l/100 to 9.6l/100 which is just awesome. Remember, I have the 5 speed, so with your 8 speed, you should see even better figures.

Lots more information on the Grand Cherokee here http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2menu.htm

Enjoy!!

Cheers

Luis

Hi Luis
Thanks for all the info - much appreciated......

Cheers

Bill

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Hi Bill, Just caught up on your post! Glad to hear you're keeping the Expanda, especially after all the mods and hard work you've put into it. I too am a big Jeep fan, just waiting for them to release a 7 seater!

Reactions: Billrw136

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
@Billrw136, if you dont mind me asking, what site did you sell your van on and well done. I need to sell mine soon, actually very soon as I dont want to own 2 expandas at the same time. Cheers Geoff

Last edited:

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
@Billrw136, if you dont mind me asking, what site did you sell your van on and well done. I need to sell mine soon, actually very soon as I dont want to own 2 expandas at the same time. Cheers Geoff
Hi Geoff - it was on gumtree and the caravan section of carsales.com.au - the people that bought saw it on both sites - selling something quickly in my book is like winning the lottery! Now just the long wait for the new van...