Starcraft Bill’s Starcraft 20.62.2 OB

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Theres another current thread with a dodgy fridge in a new van from Sydney Jayco, and not too much empathy from the dealer.
There was a lot of empathy yesterday and embarrassment on their part. Whoever did the predelivery failed. I hope nothing else comes to light.
There were 2 offers made to us - the first was to remove the unit and for us to take the van, then they would send a technician to our house to fit it when fixed. Initially I thought we would do this, but then remembered that our insurance premium is discounted slightly because the van has ESC. So we would be up the proverbial creek re insurance if something happened before the unit was installed.
The second offer was to leave the van - when the unit is fixed they will then deliver the van to our home - in theory within a week. We live approx 95km from the dealership - so a fair distance for them to come.
These offers were made spontaneously - no arguing from our side.
So, let us see what happens.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Bummer, should have asked them for a loaner like Canberra Jayco did for someone on here when their rig got nicked from the yard.....

.Don't forget to check the wheel nuts before you leave the yard when you do get it..............................

Reactions: Billrw136

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Hey @Billrw136 that van would look great behind the Jeep (my Jeep that is) I hope all goes well and you can still get away, look forward to catching up somewhere along the track. Our house is finished at last (unlike a certian granny flat), daughter getting married at our place just after christmas then we are free to travel!!!!!!!!!!
Good news about your house Dave. The granny flat is getting there - slowly!

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Van delivered as promised. Found time yesterday to crawl underneath and apply some extra sealer to floor where pipes etc pass through. Not using it now this weekend but will head away next week for a week or so...
Hopefully not too much dust will get in!
Only 2 issues so far - screws of one cupboard hinge needs tightening and gas pipe to external bayonet fitting is “squashed” - by that I mean right at the bayonet the pipe has to be curved quite tightly and this has not been done properly. I think gas flow is restricted - will know in a week or so.
Larger fridge with automatic energy source selection is working well.
More comments after trip.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Did you check the wheel nuts ???????
QC by Jayco is still a mystery to them I see..........

Take a box of matches with you so you can plug the screw holes before you replace the screws.........

I do like the auto fridge, when you go out if some moron pulls your lead out or turns the wrong switch off your fridge will turn to gas if you have the bottle turned on.....

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Did you check the wheel nuts ???????
QC by Jayco is still a mystery to them I see..........

Take a box of matches with you so you can plug the screw holes before you replace the screws.........

I do like the auto fridge, when you go out if some moron pulls your lead out or turns the wrong switch off your fridge will turn to gas if you have the bottle turned on.....
Yes - checked the wheel nuts after van arrived at my place - tight as....

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Hey @Billrw136 that van would look great behind the Jeep (my Jeep that is) I hope all goes well and you can still get away, look forward to catching up somewhere along the track. Our house is finished at last (unlike a certian granny flat), daughter getting married at our place just after christmas then we are free to travel!!!!!!!!!!
Great news Dave