bedding getting wet through canvas

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Hello Cat

We have the thick Prestige curtains fitted and I haven't noticed any wet bed ends , I havent gone out of my way to touch every spot but haven't come accross any problem wettness

Reactions: The cat

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Hello Cat

We have the thick Prestige curtains fitted and I haven't noticed any wet bed ends , I havent gone out of my way to touch every spot but haven't come accross any problem wettness

Hi MF,

Are you talking about the Prestige Privacy Screens? Or is there another screen they can supply. We haven't experienced any rain yet but would like to be prepared...........

We do have the Prestige Privacy Screens fitted already........ Hopefully these are the ones your talking about. They do seem to be a pretty closed knit.

Cheers,

Paul

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Very interesting thread this, as the 1st question I asked the rep when we decided to buy an expanda was will we have any problem with water getting through the canvas on to the mattress and he assured me that that would never happen , said something like "If that was the case no one would buy them". We usually expect rain in Augusta at Easter and that will more than likely be our 1st trip with Expanda

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
yes the rain will get throughthough not to the point of totally soaking. need to keep in mind that NOT to touch from the inside as it will transfer water through. with some of the storms we've been in, i have had the lower section (the mattress height) covered over solid so it wont penetrate through ( cost effective and no need to carry 2 types of bed ends.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
rapid.jpg
We have had our expanda new since August 2010, we have had many trips and unfortunately we have had rain and lots of it on occasions.
We have done all of the pre wetting and we still get wet, very frustrating. Our most recent trip to Surfers in Oct saw us get wet with one of the wettest Octs in years. We had 3 weeks there and days where there was storms rolling in the morning and then by the arvo. At least it was warm...
I ended up getting shower curtains(pvc sheets). These worked a treat but still annoying when the windsor rapid next door had nothing and they did not get wet at all. We had other neighbours like us but they had prestige Jayco black bed flys. These are made by Geelong Prestige they and a thicker type of mesh compared to what Jayco sell from there Dandenong work shop. $495.00 a set.

You have to wonder why a Rapid doesnt get wet, its still canvas. Also with the Rapid in the last year we have seen two with badly bent bed ends (see photo)