Battery Charging

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Burnsy - It was as Jayco asked for the plugs to be wired. As they do not use/have a reversing light on their vans, they take the liberty to use it. Not sure what they do now.

I am inclined to change it to another pin just in case I end up putting something on the Tug that does have reversing lights.

Thanks, I just assumed the brake away battery could only be charged from mains.....maybe I should read up on it :)

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
Thanks, I just assumed the brake away battery could only be charged from mains.....maybe I should read up on it :)

Hey Burnsy

The requirements for breakaway systems varies from state to state. I think many states still just use the VSB-01 spec and largely leave it up to you as to how you achieve it. NSW does appear to be more stringent than some. From what i have read it seems to have been largely driven by RV Electronics. In their submission to the ADR it is clear they would like to see it adopted Australia wide. In a stroke of luck they also market a product that complies with the standard. ;)

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hey Burnsy

The requirements for breakaway systems varies from state to state. I think many states still just use the VSB-01 spec and largely leave it up to you as to how you achieve it. NSW does appear to be more stringent than some. From what i have read it seems to have been largely driven by RV Electronics. In their submission to the ADR it is clear they would like to see it adopted Australia wide. In a stroke of luck they also market a product that complies with the standard. ;)

Thanks boots.