Bad service from jayco dealer under warranty

thomo67

Oct 30, 2012
Anyone had any bad service under warranty ?

i am not going to name and shame just yet (but i will)
how do i let Jayco factory know?
has anyone else been through this ?
i thought they were suppose to have good service

anyone else had any problems they might be willing to share (message me if you like )

looks like fair trading will be getting a call very soon if i can't sort this out

cheers

POD

Dec 18, 2012
Newcastle Region
Ring Jayco head office in Melbourne. I had some issues and spoke to a guy called Chris Robinson (I think) in the service department or customer service. He was fantastic. Sorted it all out and instructed the dealer I had a problem with to fix the issue. They are VERY protective of their name when it comes to service and honouring warranty and the dealer will not be out of pocket anyway because they charge it back to Jayco.

Also, if you don't want to goi to that dealer again or want a second opinion, you can use one of their service agents instead of the dealer or another dealer.

thomo67

Oct 30, 2012
Ring Jayco head office in Melbourne. I had some issues and spoke to a guy called Chris Robinson (I think) in the service department or customer service. He was fantastic. Sorted it all out and instructed the dealer I had a problem with to fix the issue. They are VERY protective of their name when it comes to service and honouring warranty and the dealer will not be out of pocket anyway because they charge it back to Jayco.

Also, if you don't want to goi to that dealer again or want a second opinion, you can use one of their service agents instead of the dealer or another dealer.

thanks POD i will do that just been to fair trading and i have the forms ready just in case
i don't or need to go that way but when the the thing is new and has only had one trip it is beyond a joke
this is really getting up my nose it is a easy problem to fix

thomo67

Oct 30, 2012
well ringing Chris Robin at jayco is impossible to get hold of and several left messages even before i posted here still no answer so they can't be to worried about there service

thomo67

Oct 30, 2012
well ringing Chris Robin at jayco is impossible to get hold of and several left messages even before i posted here still no answer so they can't be to worried about there service i know the problems are with the local dealer

Cheznick5

Jan 21, 2013
Merimbula, NSW
Dont worry about Chris call Michael service manager he is fantastic. i have had awesome service with Jayco head office in the last twelve months.I dont bother with the dealers i get mine serviced at Jayco its self as they service there and sell spares as well.
Cannot fault them.
We bought through Bayswater they were great Seaford were to arrogant for me and our frineds bought from seaford and horrible.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Dont worry about Chris call Michael service manager he is fantastic. i have had awesome service with Jayco head office in the last twelve months.I dont bother with the dealers i get mine serviced at Jayco its self as they service there and sell spares as well.
Cannot fault them.
We bought through Bayswater they were great Seaford were to arrogant for me and our friends bought from seaford and horrible.

Hi Cheznick5
Interesting about Seaford, I guess it depends who you deal with. I found them great for sales (I guess they often are when taking your money!) But BRILLIANT at service and warranty issues. Unfortunately I'm now in Sydney so it was a short relationship, but they even couriered a new mattress to Sydney in a hurry so I could have it for the family shakedown. I couldnt fault them.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Seaford here too, never an issue, i had some decals for the side of the van as i installed an external fold down table (Ace mod) and when they came in he mailed me and said given you have paid for them would you like me to mail them out rather than come down, that was a yes answer!!!
I hear lots of negatives on quality and serice but i would recomend them to anyone, we love our 16.49.4 and the service has been great too!!

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Bayswater Jayco for me. They have always done good deals, fixed and serviced fine and followed up ok also.
Now if only my local Nissan dealer could be as switched on as that I would be eternally happy.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi [MENTION=2375]thomo67[/MENTION], believe me I know how you feel and understand your frustration as I'm sure you read about my dilemma, which came from the factory that way and took 3 months to be fixed, the dealer let me down by not discovering this in the 3 weeks they had my van before our 1000K trip to pickup.
Throughout this ordeal I also had Fair Trading in mind however after numerous emails and phone calls to head office I knew my problem would be sorted and to be honest I don't think the procedure would of been sped up by Fair Trading. I know these problems should not happen nor do I condone Jayco's mistakes and in some cases poor build quality but unfortunatelly it does happen.
I would be surprised if you need to get FT involved to have your problem sorted as they do and will fix warranty issues, it's just a matter of time so hang in there and keep making noise! I believe Jayco pay for their mistakes and poor performance (in some cases not all) by people reading these forums. My decision on what van to buy was based on the fact that Jayco had what suited us, price, availability of parts and a no questions asked warranty service.
There are good dealers and bad but it only takes one bad apple to give you a negative opinion, in saying that I use an independent repairer for warranty and service.
Anyway enough rambling from me, good luck mate and I'm sure Jayco will sort you out soon.

Cheers.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Bayswater Jayco for me. They have always done good deals, fixed and serviced fine and followed up ok also.
Now if only my local Nissan dealer could be as switched on as that I would be eternally happy.

have you had issues with FTG Nissan? I just popped for a new V6 Naravra so would be interested in your comments

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I've dealt with 3 different dealers over the years all have been great service and never had a problem getting stuff sorted, Granted some of these things shouldn't happen, but it's how the issue gets sorted buy Jayco/dealer that makes the difference.

Currently going through ropes of getting an issue sorted just waiting for the out come.

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
I have always used Gawler Caravans in SA for our warranty work on the Jaycos we have previously owned, never had a problem with them for any work they have done and they never had an issue with Jayco approving the work.

Cheers

Craig

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
well in process put jayco expanda in to fix pull up bed door outside of van has cracks either side of this they say they fix its a common problem it will probably do again not the point $40000 of hard earned money spent it should be ficxed no pressure on doors at all not happy

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Due you mean under the lid when it opens near the hinges where the door corners are?

It is a common problem if thats the case even new expndas have them in the yards. Ours has them and has covered a lot of different terrain and has never got any worse like others.