17' Series Australia Wide Annexes

Hoffy

Jun 10, 2014
Gold Coast, Queensland
Hi everyone, just wanted to know if anybody has purchased an Australia Wide Annex for their Jayco Expanda?
Were you happy?
We had a look at them today and were impressed but wanted to get some feedback from the trusted forum!!!
They are vinyl on the bottom with canvas the rest. The deal comes with anti flap kits, curved bars, porch, PVC for the windows which is fully removable.
We are looking at different manufacturers as Kakadu (who we have dealt with before) are not at all helpful with the "not allowed to purchase a full annex" scenario.
We also spoke with Jayco and it looks like the way around this is to get the gas disconnected from the fridge??? Not sure which way we will go with this yet.
Thanks in advance for your feedback!!
Happy camping.

JOBSWAN

Nov 3, 2012
Mandurah WA
Hi @Hoffy, my parents just purchased a second hand fairly new windsor van and with it came an AWA annexe. They look great feel great and are really stable. It rained while we were away and no rain came in and it kept everything dry.

Can I ask you what they are slugging you for the extra porch bit?
We have just ordered a new 17:56:1OB and have asked for the AWA annexe but they are unsure about the porch bit.
Our last annexe was a place in Perth and I wouldn't recommend their annexes.
Hope this helps

Reactions: Hoffy

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Hi @Hoffy
We have an Australia Wide Annex and very happy with the fit and quality. Very easy and quick to put up compared to the old vinyl annex we had on our previous van.

Haven't had the opportunity to use it while away as we have only been on weekend trips since getting it and not needed.
Didn't get the clear screens with ours as they have only just started including them as standard recently :(
Could have got the extra porch but we usually setup a gazebo out the front so didn't think it was worthwhile!

One advantage with ours is that we had it fitted 1 - 2 months prior to the gas regs changing :encouragement:... Just hope they don't change the regs again to included older annexes

Photos of our first setup of the annex can be seen here... http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/dagrees-david-greer-2014-17-56-2ob.4749/page-6

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
We have an AW annexe but have never used it. When shown how to set it up it fitted quite neatly but my wife is not sure she likes the colour. It came with the anti-flap bars and one centre bar and also included the porch as a freebie. Good company to deal with and the annexe was bought as a show special a couple of years back.

Hoffy

Jun 10, 2014
Gold Coast, Queensland
Hi @Hoffy, my parents just purchased a second hand fairly new windsor van and with it came an AWA annexe. They look great feel great and are really stable. It rained while we were away and no rain came in and it kept everything dry.

Can I ask you what they are slugging you for the extra porch bit?
We have just ordered a new 17:56:1OB and have asked for the AWA annexe but they are unsure about the porch bit.
Our last annexe was a place in Perth and I wouldn't recommend their annexes.
Hope this helps
Hi @chartrock!!
We saw them at the caravan show on the Gold Coast today. They had a special where the porch was included in the price. The lady was telling us that the porch on its own was approx $300??
You would be getting the same size as us and we were quoted $2800. This includes the full annex, skirt, PVC over the mesh in the windows which is full removable and the porch. Also the anti flap kit and curve bars were included.
They also had some pretty good looking waterproof bed ends. They were $350 each. Not sure if we need them but if so, will look at theirs.
Hope this helps you and gets you a good deal!!
Thanks for your post also. Hoffy

Reactions: KevO and JOBSWAN

Hoffy

Jun 10, 2014
Gold Coast, Queensland
Hi @Hoffy
We have an Australia Wide Annex and very happy with the fit and quality. Very easy and quick to put up compared to the old vinyl annex we had on our previous van.

Haven't had the opportunity to use it while away as we have only been on weekend trips since getting it and not needed.
Didn't get the clear screens with ours as they have only just started including them as standard recently :(
Could have got the extra porch but we usually setup a gazebo out the front so didn't think it was worthwhile!

One advantage with ours is that we had it fitted 1 - 2 months prior to the gas regs changing :encouragement:... Just hope they don't change the regs again to included older annexes

Photos of our first setup of the annex can be seen here... http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/dagrees-david-greer-2014-17-56-2ob.4749/page-6
Thanks @dagree !!
The photos are excellent, great for us to see a full set up. Looks very neat and tidy!

We currently have a 2013 Swan OB and just bought a new gazebo last christmas for the "verandah" off the front of the annex. The porch came with the deal and didn't make any difference to the price if we didn't take it. We'll probably hold onto the gazebo as we may put the porch to the back and keep the gazebo for the front. It is larger than the porch.

Thanks again!

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

formyfamily

Aug 8, 2015
NSW
did any of you already have an anti flap kit or did you get it with your annex? (is your anti flap kit the same brand of different?)

just trying to work out if we are wasting money getting an anti flap kit now not knowing what annex we will go with later down the track.

looking at getting one sunshade now for the long wall only and was thinking of getting of getting the anti flap kit now.....

Hoffy

Jun 10, 2014
Gold Coast, Queensland
did you end up buying from aussie wide?
Hi,
Yes we bought our annex from Australia wide and love it. We also paid the extra and got a "captains quarters" which is another room on the back of the annex. This is awesome to store stuff that you don't want taking up the space in the main annex, eskys, cupboards, kids bikes etc. or can be used as a bedroom.
Worth a look.
Good luck!

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Hello all.
I came across a photo of an annex in this forum, I'm sure it was Australia Wide.
But the photo had a picture with the optional "captain's quarters" out the back.
Gone through heaps of threads but can't find it.

Can anyone help and point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Peter

Reactions: formyfamily