VIC Apollo Bay Pisces BIG4 Holiday Park

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Just spent 6 days at this park over Easter and I must say it was a very well presented family friendly park. We had an ensuite site which other than being a little tight to get into had enough room for our 17.56 and annexe.
The park had great facilities with a great outdoor camp kitchen with big screen for movies and the footy. The kids playground keep our 5 year old busy with heaps of kids and a flying fox. The outdoor pool was heated but a little on the small side, this didn't matter so much as the beach across the road was fantastic.

We had a walk around the park which was well laid out being tiered up the hill with almost every site having views. There is heaps to do around Apollo Bay with walks to Marriners Lookout and another great walk through the rain forest to Marriners Falls.

The park was really well run with friendly staff that were more than willing to help, the Easter Egg hunt for the kids on Sunday morning was much appreciated. We would definitely return and if it's got anything to do with our 5 year old, it will be sooner rather than later.

Az

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: cruza driver

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Looks nice. Can I ask if cost was ok? We went to book at one of the caravan parks in Appolo bay but they wanted $78 a night plus $13 a night per child irrespective of how young they were.
Would be good to find out your park was a tad less costly.

Big Swag

Apr 8, 2014
Aberdeen NSW
It is a nice park, and a nice part of the country....we spent 4 days there at the start of April....the ocean looks a lot flatter...it was running a five meter swell and five foot waves breaking on the beach while we were there...the sound was coming straight up to the park... and how'd you like the climb up to the look out.. :)
Brad,not sure about easter rates, but it cost us 130 I think (will ask the accountant) for four nights..Big4 member rates.....

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Looks nice. Can I ask if cost was ok? We went to book at one of the caravan parks in Appolo bay but they wanted $78 a night plus $13 a night per child irrespective of how young they were.
Would be good to find out your park was a tad less costly.

Hi Brad, it was $490 for the 5 nights with 1 child for an ensuite site, $98 per night for 3 people isn't cheap, but over the Easter period in this area is pretty good.
We went for a drive to Wye River Big4 which I have been wanting to stay at for a while and went for a walk through the park. It looks fantastic and is already booked out for all the major breaks, but we have booked a powered site on the river for Cup weekend and they want $81 per night for the three of us for that.

Az

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
@Big Swag It is a nice park and the walk to the lookout was great, even with the rain on the way up. The surf did get to 6ft on a couple of the days and it was a nice sound going to sleep and waking up to the waves breaking and I'm a river bloke by heart.

Az

Griffo

Apr 15, 2014
Royalla, NSW
Stayed there late March and agree its a great park. One thing I did note was that some of the lower down slab sites (I had one) were a bit tight to get into. Otherwise all good.

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
Pisces is more of a little town than a park, all accommodation on the ocean rd. is probably twice as much as most places.

I think one guy has a share in 3 of the parks in town, so they are all priced similar.

Try the park down the rec. reserve or Skenes creek which is right on the beach if you are on a tight budget, no activities or big screen though and amenities are basic.