20' Series Anyone removed their water pressure limiting valves???

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I chucked the 90deg sink drain, fitted a straight one with 90deg bend further down to clear a drawer, then it ran like whirlpool. Cost about $5 for thedrain and 40c for the 90deg bend.

Reactions: Bluey and Rockape

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
After free camping with no pressure issues what so ever whilst on the pump. We found at caravan parks the water pressure for both hot and cold was "poor". After showering in the van with the pressure of which I'm pretty sure I could produce through a straw, I cracked it and ripped the guts out of the PLV. Still sits in the toolbox just in case I ever need it. I can now shower with awesome pressure, and filling the sink doesn't take an eternity.

Now to fix the sink draining issues damn right angles and chicken bits just dont mix. hahahaha
I just put a bypass line in with a ball valve so if I have any issues I just open the valve

Doug

Jun 3, 2015
Leeming / Perth
After free camping with no pressure issues what so ever whilst on the pump. We found at caravan parks the water pressure for both hot and cold was "poor". After showering in the van with the pressure of which I'm pretty sure I could produce through a straw, I cracked it and ripped the guts out of the PLV. Still sits in the toolbox just in case I ever need it. I can now shower with awesome pressure, and filling the sink doesn't take an eternity.

Now to fix the sink draining issues damn right angles and chicken bits just dont mix. hahahaha

You can fix the slow draining sink with a check valve placed in the pipe work just after the shower floor drain. Stops an airlock from occuring and works a treat. I posted diagrams in another post on where I put it and the product used if your interested.

I will be looking for the flow restrictor you mentioned as well. Bloody water pressure is very low considering incoming pressure is so high. Would love to have a nice shower at more than the rate of dribbling out.

Thanks
Doug

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
It must be a Jayco thing with their plumbing runs, as Big Mal had fantastic pressure , I have noticed though it has minimal joins, bends etc. On my old Jayco once I had got rid of unneccesary joins ,elbows and made straight runs pressure improved.

Reactions: dagree

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
You can fix the slow draining sink with a check valve placed in the pipe work just after the shower floor drain. Stops an airlock from occuring and works a treat. I posted diagrams in another post on where I put it and the product used if your interested.

I will be looking for the flow restrictor you mentioned as well. Bloody water pressure is very low considering incoming pressure is so high. Would love to have a nice shower at more than the rate of dribbling out.

Thanks
Doug
Link to the post please?
Marv

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If the sink drains slowly and you have a 90 deg plug hole nothing will change until you get rid of the 90 deg sink drain.....cost $9..........as for the twin drain BS, I fitted a 150mm van wide pipe which became a 40lt grey water tank and all my drains flowed into it, no backing up, no twin drains, drains flowed very fast and got a overnight grey water tank too boot, also turn tank off and no dust would blow out of drains...........easily washed out .............http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/drovers-14-44-3.4502/ details somewhere in there..........................

Doug

Jun 3, 2015
Leeming / Perth
If the sink drains slowly and you have a 90 deg plug hole nothing will change until you get rid of the 90 deg sink drain.....cost $9..........as for the twin drain BS, I fitted a 150mm van wide pipe which became a 40lt grey water tank and all my drains flowed into it, no backing up, no twin drains, drains flowed very fast and got a overnight grey water tank too boot, also turn tank off and no dust would blow out of drains...........easily washed out .............http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/drovers-14-44-3.4502/ details somewhere in there..........................

I haven't removed the 90deg fitting but I get a nice little whirlpool when emptying the sink now with the check valve mod. The 90 deg fitting shouldn't affect the flow hardly at all. Most flow issues are due to airlocks in the drain lines.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
On mine the 90 deg certainly was slowing things down as the diameter was half the size and a major restriction, with the straight fitting, big hole and it ran away, my drains had been upgraded earlier from the nightmare that was original so no flow problems except from the sink..

Reactions: Dobbie

Doug

Jun 3, 2015
Leeming / Perth
On mine the 90 deg certainly was slowing things down as the diameter was half the size and a major restriction, with the straight fitting, big hole and it ran away, my drains had been upgraded earlier from the nightmare that was original so no flow problems except from the sink..

You would think Jayco would have ironed all of the issues out of there plumbing. I don't know if its still a problem on newish models but the fixes are so easy I don't understand why they didn't sort them in the first place.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Now @Doug thats the $64 question, I once thought that but then found the faults in my old 2009 Expanda where similar to earlier models and exactly the same as the 2015 models and the dealers express surprise when you front up with the exact same problem that has been happening for 10 yrs...................go figure ??????.................mind you my Coromal has some of the same problems but the plumbing all works with far superior flow.

Reactions: dagree

Gadget101

Feb 7, 2017
Cairns
If it's the brass reducer under your van you can pull it apart and get the internal spring and stretch the spring and this will give you much better water pressure and still giving you the high pressure protection.

Christian
Christian
I like your fix here. Just wondering how much you stretch the spring. I would guess an extra 5mm.