Another 17.56-2 Outback ordered

Hit the road

Oct 25, 2012
Frankston Vic
Hi all,
Another 17.56-2 Outback ordered, can't wait for it to turn up as we have just sold our 2011 Swan outback and are without a camper till June 10th. Here is a list of extras we ordered.
Pioneer CD player
External speakers
External shower
150w Solar panel
2 times 100ah batteries
Wind up TV antenna
Fixed double bunks
Drifter control panel
Privacy screens both ends
Alko ESC system
16" wheel upgrade
Kakadu annexe
Additional annexe light
Additional 240v outside
Additional 12v socket outside
External coax point
Hyland coupling

Looking forward to the arrival of the new toy, we have a trip planned in July for three weeks.

Well done mate, great list off extras, you will love it

Apr 18, 2013
Moranbah
Tick tock spoke to the dealer fingers crossed the van will be there on time depending on transport but the annex probably won't be completed on time :-(

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Hi Relgate, We decided we would rather have the extra storage underneath The fix bunks and it will be more comfortable for the kids with a one piece mattress vs three cushions, plus couldn't see us using a small two seater table.

That makes sense. Tick, tick, tick...

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Not long to go now! The excitement at your place must be building by the minute!
Love your list of extras too!

Apr 18, 2013
Moranbah
Yes it was till my phone call this morning. Unfortunately we will have to wait another week or so due to the van arriving late and the fitment of the annex. I didn't realize that each van is individually measured for its annex. O well good things are worth waiting for.:)

Not long to go now! The excitement at your place must be building by the minute!
Love your list of extras too!

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
Hi all,
Another 17.56-2 Outback ordered, can't wait for it to turn up as we have just sold our 2011 Swan outback and are without a camper till June 10th. Here is a list of extras we ordered.
Pioneer CD player
External speakers
External shower
150w Solar panel
2 times 100ah batteries
Wind up TV antenna
Fixed double bunks
Drifter control panel
Privacy screens both ends
Alko ESC system
16" wheel upgrade
Kakadu annexe
Additional annexe light
Additional 240v outside
Additional 12v socket outside
External coax point
Hyland coupling

Looking forward to the arrival of the new toy, we have a trip planned in July for three weeks.

That's a great list scott. You and the family are going love it. Looks like you will be set up for some free camping by a river somewhere...the best type of trips IMO. Those drifter control panels look the goods. I enquired about one at my last service, i think it was somewhere between $300-$400 plus fitting!!!

Clif

Jun 4, 2013
Hey Scott, I see you are heading up to Cairns. We live here (Northern Beaches) and got our 17.56-2 last week. We love it.
When you are up here may I suggest you go to Cape Trib Camping ground.

http://capetribcamping.com.au/

It is our favourite by far. 2 hour drive north of Cairns. They have a wood fired pizza oven and cold beer, great swimming too.

Reactions: Scott Rowlands
Apr 18, 2013
Moranbah
Hi Clif,
Funny that you have mentioned cape trip as we were looking at there website last week and decided we will go up there for a couple of days. But I very glad that you recommend it too! congrats on the new toy have you given it a shakedown yet?

Clif

Jun 4, 2013
Great scott!
Ha ha, one more sleep mate. We are loving ours (same as yours but 1 month older), went to Mission Beach last weekend.
Clif

Reactions: Scott Rowlands

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Like little kids on Christmas Eve...enjoy the handover tomorrow and try hard not to grin too much (Can make you seem a bit weird!).