Exterior Annexe on a concrete slab

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
How do people go about securing bases of walls and draft skirts when they cannot be pegged due to concrete?

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
I sometimes park my van a little further over, so at least the large wall of the annex can be pegged down. Then the two smaller walls, I then place our table on the draft skirt on one end, to secure it down. The other wall where the door is, I then place on the draft skirt our tub with our shoes, and what ever else.

Grano n play

Apr 18, 2013
Perth W.A
Funny you asked , we use this method when we go to caravan parks that don't allow pegs( retic reasons) a long piece of timber about 2.5m long, one end goes under the wind down legs to keep it secure and the other end sits under the annexe leg, then screw leg into wood and put hooks along timber to secure walls, zoom on image might give u a better idea...

Reactions: blacky and relgate

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Funny you asked , we use this method when we go to caravan parks that don't allow pegs( retic reasons) a long piece of timber about 2.5m long, one end goes under the wind down legs to keep it secure and the other end sits under the annexe leg, then screw leg into wood and put hooks along timber to secure walls, zoom on image might give u a better idea...
Best I've heard.

I've seen others use sand bags. I guess you need to make a midnight visit to the playground to get the sand?

Grano n play

Apr 18, 2013
Perth W.A
20140927_065136-picsay-1.jpg

Reactions: Bluey and 17triton

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
The couple of times we have set the annex up on a concrete base I have fed a rope through the lower wall rings and pegged the rope down either end and along the rope where ever possible. Also put pegs inline with the awning legs and tied ropes to them to keep them still.

Reactions: Marv_mart

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Where we are now the slabs to big to put legs straight down and the wheels are mm from the edge .
We are still 50-50 if we get a annex asked out neighbor how his is down.
As they come here like 7+ weeks a year he had some extra V shaped add ons made for the annex so he puts the legs on a angle. He said he removes the wedges for other sites.

Reactions: Burnsy and blacky

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
It's been a battle today! Massive wind, rain you name it! But I think we survived. Thank goodness to a fellow caravanner who lent me some screw down pegs with a blade that screwed into the soil. I then lent the remainders to our neighbor who lost his gazebo and was losing his annexe. The one next to him lost her awning.
Remind me! Is caravanning fun?

bellejohanna

Aug 31, 2014
I carry a couple of extra extension poles I got at bcf and lay them across the slab for the front and back walls and put a couple of long pegs each end to hold it in place then cable tie the eyelets to the pole. Need side cutters when packing up though. The long side I have some stretchy cord loops and normally get a couple pegged down on the edge of the slab.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
As I described in a post above, a friendly caravan neighbour lent me some screw in pegs. Google tells me they are called "canopy auger stakes" If anyone knows where I can get some, let me know. These things are awesome. You can sleep well knowing there is no way they will come out in soft soil. How good was the guy who lent them to me. As his daughter lives close to where I work, he just trusted me to drop them off.
canopy auger stake.png This is very similar. Will be buying some when I find them.

Reactions: cruza driver

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Yep, seen them at our local BCF and Rays Outdoors @macca Pace.
Thanks Pace. We are going to Rays tomorrow because they have a sale so I will have a look. After banging normal long pegs back in every 5 minutes during the storm, these things didn't budge.

Reactions: relgate

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
As I described in a post above, a friendly caravan neighbour lent me some screw in pegs. Google tells me they are called "canopy auger stakes" If anyone knows where I can get some, let me know. These things are awesome. You can sleep well knowing there is no way they will come out in soft soil. How good was the guy who lent them to me. As his daughter lives close to where I work, he just trusted me to drop them off.
View attachment 26651 This is very similar. Will be buying some when I find them.
You could probably screw them in with a spare wheel jack handle

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
How do people go about securing bases of walls and draft skirts when they cannot be pegged due to concrete?
Ive not seen them personally, but Tebbs annexes have some kind of water bladder you fill on site, and attached the annex wall somehow.

I have a knotted rope with a hook; the knot is at the annex wall width. My partner hooks the rope on the van wheel arch of the van and i back the van in so the knot is level with the slab edge .... if that means a wheel also on the slab, so be it.