Almost here..........It’s Here!!!!

Jemmo

Feb 25, 2016
Bendigo, Vic
Getting a little excited about 2 things...
1. off to Prestige Jayco in Geelong tomorrow to pick up our new 16.49-3OB.
2. And i finally get to change the picture on our profile!!

Then a quick trip down the Bellarine peninsula for a long weekend shakedown.

Does anyone have any last minute tips as to anything in particular to look out for at handover?

Cheers, Jemmo

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
How exciting!!! We get our new van next week so am feeling your joy. Do a search for handover checklist there are a few good threads/comments on here with checklists. Can't wait to see pics of your new van :bounce:

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Enjoy the pick up. Photos please or your new van is just imaginary!
(Check your light switches all turn on the lights they are meant to).

Reactions: Mick Aplin

Jemmo

Feb 25, 2016
Bendigo, Vic
It's Here!!!!
Checked all blind latches (good), windows, cupboards & drawers (one handle broke when my daughter opened the drawer, so they fixed that on the spot), appliances etc. A couple of small scratches in the timber/veneer inside but nothing major to worry about.
Ran out of time to find a checklist before we went to pickup yesterday morning, but will find one today (anyone have a link to a good one??) and go over it with a fine-tooth comb on the weekend.
We were a little underwhelmed with the handover staff-member - too interested in trying to be funny than simply running us through what we've just spent a lot of money on (we were looking with envy at the couple beside us whose handover person was much more business-like). In the end he was trying to hurry it along as we were going over time and there was another bloke waiting for his hand-over - but i made it clear that if he'd just cut the crap we'd be done much quicker and we were not going to be hurried on the questions we needed answered.
There were a few areas in which the finish could be improved, but from what we were expecting given my readings on this forum (and some horror stories heard) over the past few months for the most part it was pretty good, and overall acceptable.
The positioning of the radio, pump switch and drifter unit were not as requested (i had wanted them next to the wall, on the side of the fridge but they decided to put them above the fridge, robbing us of another storage area - albeit small) although they had said that they wouldn't be able to guarantee it. Frustrating as i had included when we ordered a photo of a similar van on another lot (just not OB version) that had the positioning just as we had requested
Few pics below, and will post some more on the weekend once it is set up (and we've popped the top again!).
Off to BCF for a few essentials on the way down to Bellarine and will head back into town to pick up any more as we need them.
Happy days to come.....Cheers, Jemmo
IMG_3088.JPG IMG_3089.JPG IMG_3091.JPG IMG_3097.JPG IMG_3098.JPG IMG_3099.JPG IMG_3096.JPG IMG_3092.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3094.JPG
    IMG_3094.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 368

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Looks great and congrats @Jemmo .... The wait has been worth it.
Looking forward to the pics and first trip report next week!

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Looks great @Jemmo... you weren't passing through The Marsh this afternoon were you? Saw the same rig/van combo as yours....

Out of interest, what's the deal with things not being where you want them and a right of reply? Is that now case closed?