Aldi Caravan Cover?

albo42

Sep 18, 2012
Canberra
Aldi has a van cover for $99 in the sale starting Saturday - looks OK. Any views? would Ibe better off paying extra?

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I would probably try one before I buy another coast to coast cover....not that there's anything wrong with the coast but a bit pricey and mine ripped in no time from solar panels!

Greg

May 31, 2012
Blacksmiths NSW
I sent the Mrs down Aldi today to get a cover, they look exactly the same as the coast to coast cover Im using now, only time will tell if it stands up to the elements the same, for $100 I'll risk it.

Greg

Reactions: Burnsy

albo42

Sep 18, 2012
Canberra
Finally got one in the right size - looks pretty good quality to me. Also got an excellent 3 tier wheel leveller for $20 that's much better than the small Fiama ones I've been using, got their caravan step for $30 (my kids keep hitting themselves in the head trying to open the door!), and 3mx2.5m floor mat for $30. Oh, and a collapsible wash tub for $13.

Reactions: Zammm

Dandy

Jan 18, 2014
You'd want the 16-18 foot size.
Got down to Aldi here in Canberra and wouldn't you know it, they haven't got the 14-16 foot size that I need[/quote
has anyone got one? what size fits the 17.56 the best?

We got the 18-20 for two reasons:
1. It was all they had!
2. The the specs on the jayco website say the 17.56.1 body is actually 18.5 feet!
I suppose we'll see when we get the van. For $99 it's worth the gamble.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Went to grab one yesterday, but they only go up to 20', so didnt want to risk $99 knowing the van doesnt arrive for a couple of months and not being able to take it back after 60 days.

If anyone has got one to fit on a 21.64 I'd be interested in hearing :)

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
I bought a cheap van cover on ebay for $100. Been on the van for 2 years now.

It does the job. The sun is the biggest killer not the rain. The sun is what shrinks and cracks the sealant then allows rain to get in and create the leaks, stains, and damage. In my opinion the cheap covers do the job.

The most amazing catch is that my solar panel still receives charge from the sun when covered.

So yeh, grab the aldi one. It may not last as long as the dearer ones but will still do the job.

As I said, mine has lasted 2 years, has one little hole but still not throw away job just yet.

If I have to buy a cheap one every three years I`m not disappointed.

Jared01

Oct 28, 2016
Sydney
How are everyone's Aldi covers going??? How long have they lasted for you?

We have had one on since day one. Originally I bought the 16-18ft size (I think it was) but the gas bottles were exposed, so swapped it for the 18-20ft and it is much better. I cover all of the gas bottles.

We are on our 2nd one now and need to buy a third. They seem to last about 12 months for our usage.

The reason we have to replace it is because they start to get holes on the corners where sharp things are and just now, when I was trying to pull it on, a piece just ripped off and was in my hand.

We take ours on/off about 20-25 times per year.

Was considering an Adco caravan cover but first research shows they may not last as long, so I will probably stick to the Adli cover, and try to make something up to cover the sharp sides.

Reactions: Drover

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Hi,
I have an Aldi one as well and yes it also tears on the sharp parts but guess they all do that if on a sharp corner etc. Once i have worked it out not too hard to get on or off, although i am a bit slack doing it.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I've been tempted especially now after a hail storm but from what I've heard over the last few years is none of the covers last very long, Aldi ones seem to be middle of the range for longetivity but anything from 12mths to 2 years ................ I think shade sails might be the best way to go I've used them before with great success cost not much more than a cover and lasts for years.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Yep wish I could put up some shade sails

Do have a cover, ADCO, but they do little against any descent size hail.
There is storm covers but they are mega expensive

spiderpig

Nov 7, 2015
Canberra
We got over 2.5 years out of our cover from BCF and it was still going ok when we just sold the van. Bit tatty but still usable.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
How are everyone's Aldi covers going??? How long have they lasted for you?

We have had one on since day one. Originally I bought the 16-18ft size (I think it was) but the gas bottles were exposed, so swapped it for the 18-20ft and it is much better. I cover all of the gas bottles.

We are on our 2nd one now and need to buy a third. They seem to last about 12 months for our usage.

The reason we have to replace it is because they start to get holes on the corners where sharp things are and just now, when I was trying to pull it on, a piece just ripped off and was in my hand.

We take ours on/off about 20-25 times per year.

Was considering an Adco caravan cover but first research shows they may not last as long, so I will probably stick to the Aldi cover, and try to make something up to cover the sharp sides.

Hi @Jared01 and others, we had an Aldi cover for a while. Seemed quite good quality, but only lasted nearly 2 years before outer covering started to break up and fall off. Due to sun damage I think. No problems with my Penguin as it does not have any sharp edges except TV antenna bracket on side. Used an old towel as padding to overcome that problem.

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
As I reported in a previous forum,I purchased a Prestige CPV18 ($300.00) for my Journey out back 7/11/17. 3 year warranty subject to conditions.Prestige is meant to be on par with ADCO for quality.First up lots of faulty stitching. Secondly effectively lasted 11 months on van before it started to show problems. eg small dimple areas in fabric which you could put your finger through.Rang RV company last week ,sent photos,lots of argy bargy ,I think they are sending me a replacement as they should.!! This was not under trees, no bad bird poo and normal UV rays.All sharp edges covered.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I wonder if air quality does more damage than the sun in some places, lots of crap in the air in some areas, a bit of rain and instant acid................