Air Bags in BT50 or Ranger.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Who here has fitted airbags to their BT 50/ Ranger (2011 onwards)..Just wondering cost?, Brand?, Performance? and if it affects warranty? I really dislike stuffing around with WDH.

Cheers Geoff

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Geoff, I have found that with the 16' in tow and the back packed I still don't need a WDH on my ranger. I haven't put in airbags and it rides really well. I did look at Airless bags, from Pro 4x4 in Adelaide, suitable for leaf springs, cost of those was around $1000.

Cheers

Craig

shiraz

Oct 22, 2012
sellicks hill s.a
Geoff,I agree with Craig we broke the hitch where the w.b.rods slip into the part near tow ball,we were heading to Koonalda station 17 ks off the main road , carried on to albany,perth coast trip around to albany mt barker before heading back to Adelaide. got back to adelaide went to adelaide spring steel who makes them and was told to remove them before reversing or going off road,
we now keep them in the shed ,
we towed with bt50 well over 10,000 klms on dirt and highway (110klms) not had a problem.I feel safe without them otherwise i would replace them my life is valuable,
regards Shiraz

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I find that the wdh does make a big improvement with the way the van tows compared to towing without it. I just thought airbags might be easier than stuffing around with a wdh.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Since I've put in the airbags in the Pathy, I got rid of the WDH. Sweet rides for us, though IRS standard will all ways be comfortable. Airbag flexibility is great for loads without or with with van in tow.

Pace.