Toy Hauler A few more mods

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
Do you leave any window or vent open to improve ventilation? 2 ways to fix the issue - ventilate and reduce the ambient moisture content inside, assuming the air outside is dryer, or increase the surface temperature of the canvas possibly by means of a storm cover.
We had plenty heating on at night and didn't notice any condensation so not sure if it was the heating, or storm cover that worked best. We did have a damp bed 1 morning after very heavy rain and the bottom of the storm cover touching the Jayco cover but otherwise found the cover a great advantage when camping in winter.
It is attached via metal tracks that are screwed to the underneath of the hard lid. We can keep the cover attached when packing up but will remove it completely during the warmer months and use the privacy screen instead.

stephen hoffman

Jun 7, 2016
New Zealand
Thanks for the feedback ... I am keen to get a storm cover made
Do you have any close up photos showing how its attached etc .... Also I assume the bottom edge just "hangs" down and extends down further that the bed base ?

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
This is how I installed our storm covers @stephen hoffman

Bed End 005.jpg

Sides are fixed to van with press studs.... If you get the Jayco covers I recommend replacing them with better quality marine stainless steel ones and add a couple more per side!!
Bed End Press Studs.jpg

And yes they "hang" down below the bed bases.
Bed End 008.jpg

Reactions: Jemmo

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
Ours hang off of sale track screwed to the under side of the lid and enable it to be folded up and remain attached when closing the lid. Will be removed completely in the warmer months and replaced with the usual shade cloth privacy screen.
The cover is reasonably tight fitting underneath and didn't blow around much when camping at Jindabyne last month. Only issue with it being pulled tight is risk of water being drawn through both layers if they are touching.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    492.7 KB · Views: 238
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    498.7 KB · Views: 263
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    471.8 KB · Views: 247

stephen hoffman

Jun 7, 2016
New Zealand
Hi ... thanks for all the very useful feedback and idea. I will go to a local upholsterer with your photos and see what he can do
Thanks again for all your help

stephen hoffman

Jun 7, 2016
New Zealand
I finally got around to ordering a Bed End Fly from Hoilday Annexe's in Buchanan NSW .... I hope to have it before Xmas ... once fitted I will post some pictures ... Thanks to everyone for you help