Starcraft A Fabulous Starcraft17.58-3.

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
After months of research, changing our minds etc we have now ordered a Starcraft 17.58-3 touring model. Very excited, just a long wait. I'm sure we'll seek lots of opinions about gearing it up. It's our first caravan, we used to have a cub camper which was great however not the best suited when our little girl joined us. We liked the idea of the bunks and the bathroom, and the Starcraft represented great value. Still waiting for the build date, but have been told to expect mid Dec.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Congrats on the new order, similar to us , upgraded earlier this year , now our little girl is five ( goes quick ), van will be ready before u know it.

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
Thanks for your kind words, yes very excited. We considered an expanda, however we just preferred the beds to be made up, and inside the walls of the van. So the extra's we got were:
- Alko ESC
- Gas Bayonet
- Control panel
- bed converter
- wind up antenna
- drop down jacks
- bumper bar
- mud flaps
- picnic table

We've also arranged for the jockey wheel to be on the inside of the A frame to assist with the weight distribution set up,we were going to arrange for the bed lights are also on the door side of the van, however this is now standard.

We've got to find out more about water hoses etc as to what's the best & where to store them, we need to investigate WDHs as well as towing mirrors so we still have a bit of work to do. We've recieved our 12 pin plug for the 4wd so will arrange for this to be wired up (we currently have a 7 pin) later in the year.

We ended up buying it from Bayswater, they had one on display a couple of weeks ago when we first went out, but it was sold and gone on Saturday when we ordered.

We're off for a factory tour in August, and I'm sure the time will go quickly !

Phil & Karen

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Interesting the bed lights moved. Things keep changing on this one all the time.
Hoses we have left in a bag in the rear boot although we have now shower etc so its only washing up from the sink.
If your leaving the wheel on the front maybe strap it down there?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Congrats guys. Good to hear the swapped bed lights have become standard . Better chance ours will come through like that now.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I had requested it Dave and it was on our 'build sheet" or whatever they call it so reasonably confident it will happen. its just in the past "modifications" had a good chance of going wrong. like on our expanda, I asked for an additional 12V and additional TV point. the 12V they ran right past and over the element tube on the fridge and the TV extention they bodged up. That's why this time was very very careful about asking for anything they don't do as a normal option and Jayco now are much more reluctant to accommodate modifications than before which I belive is to avoid above happening. This will be our 3rd Jayco so iam hoping I get it "more" correct this time ;-)

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
attached is the layout drawing, and was confirmed by Jayco with regards to the bed lights

Attachments

• 17.58-3%20STD.pdf
    37.2 KB · Views: 463
Reactions: achjimmy

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I just pulled out the layout drawing they gave us back in may and it has the lights that side as well? So obviously corrected sometime ago? the other interesting thing if you look is the window position? Now it may not be to precise scale but "relative" it looks like they may have addressed the door/window problem?

window photo.JPG

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Also have you thought of a hatch under the bunk, I am thinking of doing it now as they did not think they could do that and the external shower.
Its not really easy getting crap out of there :) Hence its empty at the moment apart from ramps.
You also get some hidden storage past where the under dinette seat draws go which you can use.

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
Dave,

We got the wall airconditioner on the wall, so think the microwave will be under the sink or stove (cant remember), not really fussed by the layout as long as it's all there. So the layout attached is not exactly what we are getting. Couldn't the roof top air conditioner as we have travel height issues, we got the antenna included as we were told by everyone that this sit below the top hatch.

Hadn't noticed the stove / sink had been swapped over, don't plan on using the stove, but will be handy in bad weather to cook vacuum seal dinners / boil water in a pot etc, we will probably just use it as bench space.

Asked about the outside hatch for under the bottom bunk, and it was a couple of hundred but we decided that we would be able to access this from inside so didn't worry.

Based on the layout, it appears that the door can be fully opened with the window open as well.