Starcraft A Fabulous Starcraft17.58-3.

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
we purchased a WDH hitch yesterday, we got a second hand one, which was nearly new, 12 months old and hardly used - not too many more things to do.

We also had a small issue with the paperwork, as we had requested the jockey wheel be put on the inside of the A frame, however they couldn't do it without either extending the draw bar (additional cost), or removing the bike rack so they could the spare tyre on the rear of the van, as the spare tyre in the A frame was in way.

We ended up opting to leave the jockey wheel where it was.

Getting closer !!!

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Good luck mate. Ours is on the outside and not an issue so far. The four wheelers don't push around to easy anyway

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
Just had a chat to the dealer, our van has arrived at the dealers and all looks good, they are getting it prepared for the hand over on Monday - not long now. We are going to drive past on Saturday and have a quick look to confirm all is ok.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Just had a chat to the dealer, our van has arrived at the dealers and all looks good, they are getting it prepared for the hand over on Monday - not long now. We are going to drive past on Saturday and have a quick look to confirm all is ok.
Torture!

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
We picked up the new Starcraft yesterday which all went mostly well, even happier that it actually fitted through the garage without issue as it was a pretty tight fit !
starcraft 6.jpg
starcraft 5.jpg

TerriD

Feb 19, 2014
Northern NSW
@Fabulous, congrats on your purchase we picked up our 17.58.3 touring on 12/12/14 and took it straight on holidays currently away now. Does the power for the Esc,come via the 12 pin plug or did you have an Anderson plug fitted? We purchased a dealer stock van and does not have Esc. I am looking at getting it fitted retro and am curious how yours is wired. We just love the layout of the 17.58.3 happy camping on your first trip
Regards @TerriD

Reactions: cruza driver

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
@TerriD We have a 17.56.2OB and had the ESC retrofitted. Apparently Jayco prewire the van and wire it through the 12 pin plug as standard. We had the dealer fit an anderson for the fridge prior to pickup and they hooked up the ESC wiring to it as well. I already had the anderson plug setup on the Prado and only a 7 pin plug.

Reactions: TerriD

TerriD

Feb 19, 2014
Northern NSW
Thanks @dagree we had an Anderson plug to run the fridge on our previous van (not Jayco) and when I was informed by the dealer of the wiring requirements for 17.58.3 my auto spark suggested he use Anderson plug wiring as wires were heavy enough. So now Anderson plug gone. Have read on other threads here where anderson plug preferable (being able to disconnect in some circumstances) our 17.58.3 is touring so we be going off road, will be a bit of a head ache but not the end of the world if I have to run another Anderson.
Regards @TerriD

ACTraveller

Apr 23, 2010
ACT
Hi TerriD
Congrats on your new van - should be lots of good trips to come. There is a whole discussion and pictures of the wiring of 12 pin plug and pin recommended by Alko and our local Jayco dealer - in the Starcraft 18.55-3 - design blunder section - let me know if you can't find it and I will repost the pics here when I get onto my PC tonight. The Anderson plug on the Jaycos is for the ESC - so you can unplug the ESC if you are off road or on corrugated bumpy roads, if left plugged in the brakes will be applied continually - plus having the Anderson plug for the ESC keeps the ESC powered on each time you stop eg for fuel, morning tea etc - less chance of software reboot issues and after a number of on/offs the ESC software needs to be re-programmed - it's many thousands of times of on/offs but I'd rather avoid that. In that other forum there is reference to the - Alko manual which also recommends the Anderson plug for the ESC. Anyway have a look at that discussion and anyone of us involved there will be only to willing to help I'm sure. Also did you fit the weight distribution bars (WDS) ?

Reactions: yabbietol

TerriD

Feb 19, 2014
Northern NSW
Hi @ACTraveller, thanks have seen your excellent pics on other thread yesterday, we will probably get ESC fitted at first service, I had Hayman Reece weight distribution kit from previous van so just swapped necessary components to new van took some levels and measurements and we were away
Regards@TerriD