3 % price increase - 2012 models

busybusymum

Oct 23, 2011
Albury/Wodonga
We have been talking to a handful of dealers and getting quotes for an Expanda 17.56-2 outback. A couple of dealers have mentioned a 3% price increase and have factored that as a certainty into the quote, others have not mentioned this at all. Several weeks ago one dealer told me that if I "signed up today I would beat the price increase - but could not guarantee tomorrow"( I deleted this dealership and pressure sales from my list of dealership to work with). There are a couple of dealerships we are swaying towards due to price and service and one of these dealerships had mentioned that Jayco head office had flagged the idea of a 3% price increase for some 2012 models but it was not yet certain whether it was all Jayco models, some or none. Because it may or may not happen and they gave us 2 quotes - one based on the price increase and one if it did not happen. They indicated they wanted to be upfront as often in the small print of a contract is wording about factory price increases being passed onto the consumer and they did not want to appear to mislead us if they gave us a quote and the price increase happened and then we were forced to pay a different price. I asked them to follow up on when they would know about price increases so they rang head office and got back to me today to say that the model 17.56-2 will not be subject to the 3% price increase at the beginning of 2012 - (although you never know what may happen later on in 2012). I am not sure if this is the case for all expandas. So just a word of caution out there if you are in the discussion phase with dealing with dealerships who are factoring in a 3% price increase - just be aware of whether it really applies to the model you are considering. Hopefully this time next week we will have made our order! - will keep all updated.

busybusymum

Oct 23, 2011
Albury/Wodonga
Realised that the icon for this post is actually a thumbs up - I kind of took it as a hand out asking for more money! - but again I suppose in our case it is a thumbs up as there will not be a 3% price increase on the expanda we are looking at!

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi there, interesting post :)

Jayco increases there prices on most vans each year.

I received a new price list with 2012 prices for NSW and most prices have increased.

This happens yearly at the beginning of the year but the new prices are releases September / October so dealers can fulfill orders due into the new year.

Hope this helps.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
that'll be right the most fastest selling popular van they have had and seeing as the market is getting flooded with 16 footers, i guess thats a plus for others who are after a 16 series.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
They are popular.........I seem to remember when on the factory tour that Expandas are Jayco's most popular van and that the 17 footers were the most popular of the Expandas.

From our perspective they just "ticked all the boxes" so I guess Jayco are working on the popularity thing. Hope they don't price themselves out of the new van world.

busybusymum

Oct 23, 2011
Albury/Wodonga
Well who knows what to believe anymore! I suppose the important thing is that you walk away feeling satisfied with the deal - you just want people to be upfront with you - as it is not just the cost of the van to consider - have to think about insurance costs and storage costs (ie building a shed /altering driveways / covering) as well as other costs eg Weight distribution systems, mirrors for your car, stoneguards etc - we are just making sure we are trying to be thorough in what our other costs may be aftermarket as well as the cost of the van - and how that all fits into (or doesn't fit into) the budget!

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
You need to bargain well. In our state only one dealership but they have looked after us very well and have thrown in quite a few things. Negotiate negotiate negotiate the key to a good margin. My hubby's word ex accountant lol but it works!

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
We are looking at one of these babies. We were told that this model will be sold at the same price as the 18.57.8 model. Pricing not to go up till July. But I will hold that thought once the dealer comes back with a price and answer to all our questions.