17Triton's Starcraft 17-58-3 OB

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
So today we drove down to Seaford to pick up new addition to the family and instantly fell in love with it.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The van was presented very well and handover was very thorough thanks to Dave. We had a slight issue with the chains not long enough to reach under the hitch but we got some hammer locks and we were soon on our way.
The van towed like a dream and without a doubt the best van I have towed. We went home via the weighbridge and then home and started loading some stuff into it (very exciting after months of staring at it).
We have found a few minor issues which we will get fixed after Easter . Nothing that will be an issue.
All in all a great day and it's great to once again have a van.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
How can I like this twice? Or even three times? Super stuff mate... and great to see it finally on the back of the Mighty Tritey...

How did the figures from the weighbridge stack up?
Only surprise was the ball weight is a lot higher than hoped but something to work on.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Yep the van is a beauty! Congratulations @17triton I think I am nearly as excited as you are. Love the pics, thanks for sharing. Out of curiosity what was the towball weight?
220 but there may have been a little water in the front tank and gas bottles now full. My plate has an empty ball weight of 171 and max 223 so need to ask some questions I think.

Last edited:

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
220 but there may have been a little water in the front tank and gas bottles now full. My plate has an empty ball weight of 171 and max 223 so need to ask some questions I think.

Matt were you on dead motherless flat ground? The jtech not being load sharing slightest rise under a wheel and it will punch your ball wieght out? Mine loaded with some water in the rear hatch area full tanks the gen and weber is less than 200kg! The tanks don't add directly to the ball ie 50 kg of water does not ad 50kg to ball more like 25kg iirc, which you probably already know?