Starcraft 17.58-3 Starcraft

Nunga-Nunga

Mar 29, 2014
Does anyone have any pics of the new 2014, 17.58-3 Starcraft in the on road model?(non outback)
I have just been quoted $35 k for a new one with no options other than standard.
Does this price seem ok?
Because they are a new model out, I can't seem to find a dealer near me that has one so I can inspect it.
We are weighing up between 3 models -
17.58-3
17-55-5
14.44-4

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
I think you'll need to search trading post for a 'jayco starcraft' and work your way through the list, there was one on their the other day. The dealer its self does not have one listed on their site.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
I'm not sure why, but I had it in my mind that with a bit of shopping around you can get up to 10% off retail price but that might only be if you start taking up some options which I gather has some good margins in.

Also being a brand new model they might not want to negotiate.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Price wise we did not get a lot off and we optioned up almost everything :) I was thinking 10%, also wanted it in the next run so did the deal. Might just be my negotiation skills suck. I do think newer models they less likely to deal rather then something ex demo or they have a few already coming in.

Back to original question now finished work.
We picked the 17.58 as I rather the kids down the end and us closer to door as we go to sleep later.
Did not like the idea of the 17.55.5 having to unmake the bunk to use the seat, we also have 4 kids so not great.
Wife did not enjoy the expanda experiance otherwise we probably got a 17.56-2

If you do not want new there are a few 17.56-2 for sale, you get a lot of options thrown in.
Or 14.44 or 16.49-2 or 4's

Reactions: TerriD

TerriD

Feb 19, 2014
Northern NSW
@davemc I would not be too hard on your negotiating skills, I generally do really well when I negotiate on large items, however, on my initial leg work on an expanda I have found Jayco Dealers to be hard work. This whole marketing strategy of "call for price" is not in the buyers interest, the prices I have had on a base 17.56.2 have varied so much between the most likely dealers I would buy from has been unbelievable, even when trying to negotiate a 13 plate model the so called savings are not tempting enough to buy over a 14 plate model.
have had to change strategy so far a dealer quite a distance from where I live seems to be interested in selling to me the way I want to buy rather than the way they want to sell. Your right the newer the models the less likely they are to deal

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
@TerriD did you find a Starcraft near you to check out or now going for the 17.56-2.
I really liked the work and play with 4 bunks in the back when we where looking, although would of been another $10k.
If I was getting up around $50k then I be looking at the New Age Mantra Ray, for some reason I really keep thinking about it :)
We just do not have the room. Two months to go exactly now.. Factory tour end of the month :)

TerriD

Feb 19, 2014
Northern NSW
@davemc no have not been able to see 17.58.3, at this stage I am leaning towards the 17.58.3 and wont be buying from any local dealerships near me. Have found a dealer a bit of a travel away who so far seems very buyer friendly, suppose I really should hire a 17.56.2 for the weekend to be sure that's not the smarter way to go. Have looked at @relgate s pics very nice indeed, very well looked after, only problem my Territory is RWD only tows 2300 kg would be ok for 17.56.2 touring but OB would be too heavy, StarCraft a little bit lighter again than 17.56.2 Touring weight a big consideration