Jayco Website Updated?

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Have been checking our local "Jayco Caravanland" website last few days to look at the new Expanda data. Went direct to Jayco's site and new 2014 models were listed including pdf downloads of the new brochure which even Caravanland didn't have on Saturday.

Has the Jayco site just been updated or are we just "Waiting Awhile" here in WA? :sleeping:

Cheers,
David

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Half updated it seems. I am mainly concerned with Starcraft as brought a 17-58.1 although not seen one in the flesh.
New floor plans and tech specs per pdf's.. Missing Starcraft 17-58.3.
Some new pictures.. Although interior of Starcraft looks previous shots. Do not think those colours are this years.
Exterior could be the same as they have not changed the Starcraft
Videos old model.They did this last Wed-Thursday so I thought it was them silent updating in the background. Nope nothing changed.

If your after pictures look here or on tradingpost.com.au seems dealers can have pictures up to sell new ones.
Jayco cannot put them on the website.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Salesman said that Jayco were supposedly waiting until they did a few runs of different models then get pics etc and update the site in one hit.
Just noticed that the pics for the 17' Expanda's are a combination of old and new models.... And you are correct as the videos are still of last years model.
Not really fussed as we have seen our new one in the flesh. Just wanted to show some friends what they looked like online. At least we now have an electronic copy of a brochure :)

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
the website is updated already, you may have to refresh your ie or delete your history and view the site again....

an improvement but still a work in progress, even says new site coming soon.

Interestingly they still show the virtual tour of the 18-57-6 Expanda which has been deleted.

Last edited:

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
We ve seen the layout of the 17.58-3. and would love to see photos or see it in the flesh. Considering the non outback version. We looked at the 16.67 I think but thought the front bed was too small.

Not going to get to the caulfield show, so will have to find time to go to a Jayco dealer.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Yes front bed was why we did not buy last year.
If I see a 17.58-3 I take some pics and post..
I would say the back half would be the same as last year front half like the 17-58.1.
Only changes are buffet and beds being larger.. I think the single bed are now longer as well.

Reactions: Fabulous

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Hey Fabulous,

Here are some pics I took for you of the 17.58-3 inside.
If you want some more let me know back again tomorrow :)
Should of taken a pic of the front, spare is in the A frame not on the back like I thought it would be
IMG_3611.jpg IMG_3612.jpg IMG_3614.jpg IMG_3615.jpg

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Saw the 17.58-3 at the Adelaide show. If I was in the market for a new van, that would sit pretty high at this point. In an OB of course.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
No probs grab one of both.. outback 17.58-3 and non outback 17-58-1.
Yes wife still happy with three bunk model. I am tempted to switch. Interesting tried climbing into lower bunk was a bit of a squeeze for me to get into. Once in ok. Double is a real double now so happy. For show vans I think a few straight off the line we noticed a few things we would not be happy if it was ours.

Dinette I think squeezed in a little from 16.67 touches my big gut now :) I think they stole the length for the buffet.
Would of liked the Journey's windows and not those curtains.
Have to see where they will put the drifter panel with the big fridge. The other thing we like is to have a bigger door into back boot. Door only half the size of the area.

I add in the 17-58-3 Battery was under the bunk with what looked like HWS so was not much storage space.

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
I'm probably annoying my wife saying have a look at this or have a look at that. Not looking a buying just yet as we don't have an immediate need for a van, nor the time to use it. no point in buying on only to sit in the yard. The other van I like is a second hand 17.56.2 Expanda. Pros and cons for both I guess.

We found some pics of the outback on the trading post website.

We're not big people so a proper double would be fine and the bunk will be for the little one.

Last edited:

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Hi Fablous,

Find some more pictures

IMG_3619_2.jpg IMG_3646_2.jpg IMG_3648_2.jpg IMG_3650_2.jpg IMG_3651_2.jpg IMG_3618_2.jpg

Hot Water was under bed in the 17-58-3 so I assume same for ours.
Air Compressor under bunk as not roof.
Two days at show tired eventually got around it all
Back tomorrow with bigger kids excited to play with van. :minion_wave::minion_happy:

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Can the bottom bunk window be opened?

I remember when looking at them in the 16 configuration it couldnt due to the hws position?

Nice layout though :)

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Cruza,
Hot water now under the double. So I assume they both slide.
After the show have to finalise colours etc for our 17.58.. Also power points, TV points, 12v points.
Interesting the outback had standard fridge so power point next to it on bench.
The bunk had larger fridge and only power point was above double bed.
Like power next to buffet if I can.

Could look tomorrow.. yes sneaking back again to pick up big items only had the mini yesterday and two older kids.
Subscribed to On the Road magazine and got a free Oztent King Goanna chair for the eldest so that was the end of any space in Mini :)
Once you add the Two Fusion Aliens and Jay Jay Jayco blow up birds.
With the two kids in tow we did 10:30-5pm and you know did not see a lot.

Reactions: cruza driver