16.49-1b mods

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hey Brad
What type of camera is this? Looks great and I really don't like the ideas of having mirrors. Im new to vans and will pick mine up in September so trying to get a few things sorted out. :)
Cheers
Ants
Hi Antman
There is a website called aliexpress.com.
This is a direct to China website for all sorts of stuff.
So search on the site for reverse camera and you will get heaps of hits.
Make sure you only go for a CCD camera with 0 lux. The 0 lux ensures the best visibility even in low light. And CCD is much better than CMOS brand cameras.
You will get a good camera at a great price.

Now that being said, I have just installed a camera on my new van (pics to come) and I have some learnings in my new choice.
1. I wanted white to match the expanda.
2. I wanted a dome camera instead.

So this site did not have one when I last looked. I ended up purchasing one through Elinz electronics on the web.
Either way, I can recommend both styles of camera.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hi Brad what was the approximate cost of the weather proof bed ends? they look like a perfect fix.

Hi rojoberry,
Back then they charged $450 for the bed ends.
With my new van I have gone back and upgraded my design(pics to come on these also). Which incorporates the privacy material, fully zippered plastic windows that allow me to use on the van in summer. I paid double for the new design but after having the first set and realizing what a huge difference it made to the reduction of heat loss and actually reduced heat penetration in summer, plus I never paid Jayco for privacy covers, I happily paid the price.

rojoberry

Mar 16, 2012
Pakenham Victoria
Thanks for getting back to meBrad I have had a motor trimmer I use price up a set in clear or tinted cafe curtain material about $700.00 this does includ a large zipper at one end of both covers.
I also spoke with the manager of Valley - Holiday Annexs
and from the pictures on their site they have put together a cracking out cover. They are about $910.00 fitted or posted the only problem with them fitting is they are in Newcastle.
These guys are doing direct fittings for the Jayco dealership at Newcastle.

Ligedy

Oct 13, 2012
Mackay
Brad did you make the baby jail from scratch or modify an existing product?
What type of materials are in it?