14' Series 14.44-4 Triple Bunk

Lukeyboy

Jan 12, 2017
Victoria
Hi all,

I have been looking around for a while now at what I can upgrade my camper trailer to. I currently have a standard tent camper that folds out to the side and would love to upgrade to something that's a little quicker to set up.

I have primarily been looking at the Jayco Swan and the expanda 14.44-4. I'm thinking that if I get a swan it won't be long until I want to upgrade to the 14.44-4 (or bigger) anyway so I may aswell just upgrade to that. I don't think I would like to go much bigger anyway, my car only has a 1700kg tow limit.

I love the 14.44-4 layout but I have not seen one with triple bunks to date (I have 3 kids so a triple bunk van would be perfect). It seems like there is sufficient space to have 3 bunks if the storage under the bunk was removed and the upper bunk was raised slightly and I have seen a triple bunk in a Goldstream pop top.

I guess my question is, has anybody seen a 14.44-4 with triple bunks or enquired through Jayco if this is possible?

spiderpig

Nov 7, 2015
Canberra
I haven't seen one but that doesn't mean its not possible. You would loose quite alot of storage space though. Maybe ring your local jayco dealer and see if one can be built that way from the factory.
Your other option would be to use the dinette as a 3rd bed, but would only be good for a small kid.

ash99

Feb 1, 2016
Lysterfield
Don't know how you would go raising the top bunk.

The fold down mechanism sits right against the mattress on the top bunk.

You could gain a couple of inches by removing the mattress when folding the top.

Otherwise you could somehow modify the folding mechanism.

Tuppy

Oct 22, 2016
Adelaide
Hi all,

I have been looking around for a while now at what I can upgrade my camper trailer to. I currently have a standard tent camper that folds out to the side and would love to upgrade to something that's a little quicker to set up.

I have primarily been looking at the Jayco Swan and the expanda 14.44-4. I'm thinking that if I get a swan it won't be long until I want to upgrade to the 14.44-4 (or bigger) anyway so I may aswell just upgrade to that. I don't think I would like to go much bigger anyway, my car only has a 1700kg tow limit.

I love the 14.44-4 layout but I have not seen one with triple bunks to date (I have 3 kids so a triple bunk van would be perfect). It seems like there is sufficient space to have 3 bunks if the storage under the bunk was removed and the upper bunk was raised slightly and I have seen a triple bunk in a Goldstream pop top.

I guess my question is, has anybody seen a 14.44-4 with triple bunks or enquired through Jayco if this is possible?
We looked at a few vans with triple bunks, but thought the space was restrictive. Even my 10yo grand-daughter said it was like being in a box, and when I laid in there, it was a real struggle to turn over...and I'm only average build.