105 Series Landcruiser Power Upgrades?

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
Evening All,

Has anyone done (or know of) any engine ugrades for a 105 series (2000 model) Toyota Landcruiser (Petrol) to increase power and/or torque? (other than my wife suggestion of an "upgrade" to a V8 twin turbo diesel 200 series!!! - she obviuosly hasn't seen the bank balance lately :( ).

I've heard and read of peoples upgrades to diesel cruisers with uni chips etc. but nothing on petrol models.

Thanks James

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
Hey Jasa,

Have a look at the Lcool.org forum. It is a land cruiser owners forum. There is a load of info there one everything land cruiser. I am sure it has been asked more than once over there.

I once owned a 99. We upgraded to the V8 Petrol, that was easier.

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
Unfornately there isnt many power up mods ava. for the 4.5 Cruiser other than exhaust upgrade and extractors, with some saying well worth it and other saying not worth it.
There is the option of Turboing or supercharging it which they respond well to but I believe your looking at $5000 plus and for my thinking you then make a reliable engine.......not as reliable( been there done that with a diesel)

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
Hey Jasa,

Have a look at the Lcool.org forum. It is a land cruiser owners forum. There is a load of info there one everything land cruiser. I am sure it has been asked more than once over there.

I once owned a 99. We upgraded to the V8 Petrol, that was easier.

Good idea thanks. Been on this great forum, didn't even think about looking for a Landcruiser forum.

I agree, an upgrade to a V8 petrol would've been the go. We blew a head gasket on our very first trip with the new van last September!!! We are looking for a new house at the moment so we decided to fix it. Spent many thousands of dollars so I feel obligated to keep it for a while. But we have done about 6 trips since and I'm finding I'd like some more power. We get there, but slowly...especially up the hills!!!

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
Unfornately there isnt many power up mods ava. for the 4.5 Cruiser other than exhaust upgrade and extractors, with some saying well worth it and other saying not worth it.
There is the option of Turboing or supercharging it which they respond well to but I believe your looking at $5000 plus and for my thinking you then make a reliable engine.......not as reliable( been there done that with a diesel)

Thanks Moto Mech. I was just reading about some problems a bloke was having with his transmission following the installation of a supercharger!! I think I'll leave the cruiser alone. She has already blown a head gasket that we had repaired.