TT Bridge - Our 200 Cruiser

scotts

Mar 21, 2015
perth
Whats your thoughts on the front spring spacers and where did you get them from.

You raised it 40mm can it be less than that.

thanks

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
So, been ages since i updated this thread. Probably the same time since i did anything to it...

Been dying for this upgrade one day, so i finally bit the bullet. Upgraded the exhaust with a Beaudesert Exhaust System. As i was quite fussy as to what i wanted it took some time to get in right. So now it is not either of the standard offerings off the shelf, 1st was to load (Muffler delete pipe fitted), 2nd to quite (Huge Muffler fitted). The 3rd is just right running a 30% smaller muffler than their standard mid muffler.

So now i have a nice sound in the car, when planted you know your on a V8 and nice drivability with the van on. No drone, but note in the 1800 - 2300 RPM range (towing range)

The primary reason for this upgrade was breathability for the next mod. I remapped the ECU, this was a mild remap for a good tow car, and not a street racer, with an improvement in fuel economy. Can i say very happy with the result. The graph suggest it will do a lot better as a tow car (that is next week) Since doing the mod, i am looking at about 2.2 L/100 improvement. Improved throttle response in heavy traffic off the mark. Overall acceleration, is better when stood on but this is subjective.

My DYNO run, top 2 lines are Power (at the wheels) The bottom cluster is the torque.

For those a little unsure of the difference,
POWER - How fast you hit the wall
TORQUE - How far you take the wall when you hit it.

IMG_3745.JPG

Last edited:

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
just found this - wholly moley, you have done well.........

very nice - I am impressed

I like your thoughts and reasons about the VMS - I had heard of some problems, but never knew of anyone in specific
I had been offered one for my Kakypoo, but passed as I was not 100% sure
thank you for re-affirming my initial thoughts

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
@achjimmy i did not end up Doing the trans, there is a lot of opinion on this.

The ones that seem to pull the ECU out of the car say to do the TCU as well. I think this is cause the car is already apart and cost effective, I found these guys were less inclined to want to do multiple dyno runs as cost gets away. I found most of these guys were also not offering Dyno confirmation or were doing on 2wd Dyno.

The guys that get the tune done through the OBD11 port tend to recommend not doing the TCU as it needs to be stripped out. They also say you don't need it. But spend more time in the dyno tuning as they have a direct link to the ECU and can then run again. These guys tended to have 4wd dyno as well.

I found the car wanting to change into 6th sooner when in S6 and it holds longer. Temps are also down so I think I am happy.

From a cost perspective I would put a lockup kit in before I did the TCU as the cost is about 300 less and I think the outcome for towing would be better.

There is lots of opinions out there, this is mine after talking to a lot of people. I am sure someone could pick it to bits, but there are a lot of bull@$!t artist out there as well.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks Tim. Yes I think there is a lot of misinformation. I was all set to do the lock up kit but the transmission shop I use strongly recommended against. He took me into his rebuild room and showed me the clutch plates and said they just won't last long term. So I guess it's going to be interesting to see the cars with kits 3-5 yrs from now? I take the Corolla to him next month so maybe I'll ask him some more Qs?

Mine was definetly shifting into 6 earlier after the exhaust but the 33"s just killed that !