Tassie Preps

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Well, the truck has been serviced, new shoes fitted (Bridgestone D697), Ctek d250s fitted to rear battery with new wire from front battery with fuses front and rear. See other post.

Van has had new struts fitted, right way up, (thanks East Coast Refinishers), spare moved to rear on new bar, camera refitted over spare wheel, pole carrier moved under van, dual drain pipes changed to single outlet, small aluminium box for anti-flap bits and pieces fitted under front boot on draw bar, replaced brass fittings on hot water tank (thanks @zerosecta ), fitted clips to the 'John Guest' fittings on HWS but a look in and under the van shows I need about 30 more clips as there are none fitted anywhere.

House sitters arranged for two months and only a few more clothes and some food to be put in the van and we are ready to head off. Leave Wednesday heading down Newell Hwy with stops as and where we want, with a call on @Peter Black, arriving in Melbourne in time to call on @cruza driver before boarding the ferry on 23rd for a day trip across the strait.

Anything forgotten, we go without. :cool:

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Well, the truck has been serviced, new shoes fitted (Bridgestone D697), Ctek d250s fitted to rear battery with new wire from front battery with fuses front and rear. See other post.

Van has had new struts fitted, right way up, (thanks East Coast Refinishers), spare moved to rear on new bar, camera refitted over spare wheel, pole carrier moved under van, dual drain pipes changed to single outlet, small aluminium box for anti-flap bits and pieces fitted under front boot on draw bar, replaced brass fittings on hot water tank (thanks @zerosecta ), fitted clips to the 'John Guest' fittings on HWS but a look in and under the van shows I need about 30 more clips as there are none fitted anywhere.

House sitters arranged for two months and only a few more clothes and some food to be put in the van and we are ready to head off. Leave Wednesday heading down Newell Hwy with stops as and where we want, with a call on @Peter Black, arriving in Melbourne in time to call on @cruza driver before boarding the ferry on 23rd for a day trip across the strait.

Anything forgotten, we go without. :cool:

Your forgot me so I take it I get left behind?

I have D697's on the pathfinder to, great tyres!

Enjoy the trip :)!

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
Hey Paul just figured out a way to avoid that expensive ferry crossing, full details below.......

floater.jpg

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Look forward to catching up mate :thumb: It sounds like everything is sorted 8-)

We actually just put some 697's on the Pajero a bit over week ago too :)
We are looking forward to it too. See you next week. :bolt:
Two months!! Gee that sounds good. I wish I could retire, will have to wait another 30 years. :miserable:
Have fun!
Mate, I had to work 50 years to qualify for retirement :ballchain: but now I figure it is worth it. :becky:
Your forgot me so I take it I get left behind?

I have D697's on the pathfinder to, great tyres!

Enjoy the trip :)!

You have a van, you're welcome to tag along. No room in our two berth 14 footer. :grouphug:
Have a great trip guys.
@expanda you will have to buy a coffee machine that uses less power if you want people to include you. ;)

Thanks Shane, I believe if we don't enjoy ourselves it is our own fault.

We make our own coffee, mate, so @expanda and his machine are redundant. :p

Last edited:

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Just make sure you got enough puff to do the Corner when you finish Tazzi , i reckon its round 2 with Elaine and some other bloke down the other side on Melbourne !!!!!! ehjehjeheheheheheeheheh