Starcraft Starcraft 17:58-3 options & quirks. Post them here.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yeah not a biggie. I have already worked out a mod to allow the door to stay open and the window open fully.

Reactions: skippy

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
@achjimmy we will wait to summer and see. At the moment its keep the door closed temperatures :) The windows over the dinette is not great to reach while table is there

Dave I found it opened about 50-60% which us okay, just will be times when I want 100% ( hence the mod) and I thought the handle for the window was down the door end so easy to reach! or are you talking the release catches?

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Release catches.. Although get kids to do it like the window curtains. After the table pulled out the wall on our first day I do not like to lean any weight on it. Short arms can just reach the curtains :)
I do wonder with ours if the table is too big. It does not sit in the spot allocated for it to convert to a bed.

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Our 20-63 is the same with the window interfering with the door @achjimmy and the way I get around this is just to drive a starpicket in the ground with a pool noodle around the picket and the door then hits the star picket. I then open the window to it full extension and then put the star picket in the ground so that it's just in front of the window. I will see if I can find a photo it might explain it better if ya not with me.
This works when when free camping but I have to come up with a better solution for when's in caravan parks.
What were you thinking in a way to resolve this issue? I would be interested to know.
See attached Photo @achjimmy
IMG_0770 Resize.jpg

Last edited:

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
@skippy that is one nice setup with the entertainment system and table setup.
No idea what we will do we just thought door open most of the time, otherwise yes worried hit the window with the door. Although we lost the window kitchen side now at least with pop top can open those.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Our 20-63 is the same with the window interfering with the door @achjimmy and the way I get around this is just to drive a starpicket in the ground with a pool noodle around the picket and the door then hits the star picket. I then open the window to it full extension and then put the star picket in the ground so that it's just in front of the window. I will see if I can find a photo it might explain it better if ya not with me.
This works when when free camping but I have to come up with a better solution for when's in caravan parks.
What were you thinking in a way to resolve this issue? I would be interested to know.
See attached Photo @achjimmy
View attachment 23798

Thinking of making a catch extension with wire.

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Just realised our 20.63 will have the same problem... Bugger...
Let's put our thinking caps on and see if we can invent a resolution...hopefully
@skippy that is one nice setup with the entertainment system and table setup.
No idea what we will do we just thought door open most of the time, otherwise yes worried hit the window with the door. Although we lost the window kitchen side now at least with pop top can open those.
Because our van one of the first 20-63 at first they told me it couldn't be done with the table as well but after some research all is good now. I don't really watch that much TV but when we go away I still like to watch my beloved AFL team hence the outdoor TV. The main reason is when we went away I didn't like being stuck inside watching TV when everyone else is outside.
With a bit of luck hopefully someone invents a resolution and you will be able to use your window again.
Thinking of making a catch extension with wire.
Mmmm be keen to see how you would do that.

Reactions: Patons

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
ok just went out for a look. Have a couple of ideas.
Bent wire to act as extension? Although not sure how good it will be as it will be connected to the U shape current one? Maybe slip around? I could make one to fit on a angle although how hard is this to remove and put back in?
Another thought was connect a tube to the rubber stopper with a rubber end to try to hold it there? with above?
Or get some something cut as a V shape on the right angle need cover it to make sure it does not mark. Run a line around it to keep it in place and use the wire as well?
Any other ideas

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Just putting it out there, move the door stopper closer to the door or install another retaining hook closer in and leave the original one for winter when window not used, or the extreme - change the window to a slider.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I reckon this is why the kitchen window went? These are the gas regs for a heater but will be the same rules for and gas exhaust.

image.jpg

And this is the offending window, looks closer than 300mm.

image.jpg

Reactions: TerriD