Starcraft Starcraft 17:58-3 options & quirks. Post them here.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
And here's mine. Looks similar.
image.jpg

halbster

May 13, 2014
Thanks guys so I guess not an issue. On the inside I can fit a finger between the rubber seal and the edge of the vent on the back side.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Helpful bunch aren't we all! Question posed not even 8 hours ago on a work day and you have photos and replies! Cheers mate.

Reactions: dagree

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
How's everyone going with the internal height of this model?

Internal height is 10cm's less than our previous disco and swmbo cannot stand up in this model with the roof closed due to the reduced internal height.

Curious to see how is everyone else going with it?

Pac1977

Feb 19, 2012
Got the final drawings for our 17.58.3 yesterday, looks like both the sink and bed lights have been moved to the new positions.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Got the final drawings for our 17.58.3 yesterday, looks like both the sink and bed lights have been moved to the new positions.

Yes the drawings have shown the bed lights moved for ages. Just nobody has shown the factory floor guys the drawings ;-)

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011

Internal height is 10cm's less than our previous disco and swmbo cannot stand up in this model with the roof closed due to the reduced internal height.

Couldn't stand in the Expanda so no diff to me.mi actually like the lower sides when the tops up. Can see out through them now.

Pac1977

Feb 19, 2012
Yes the drawings have shown the bed lights moved for ages. Just nobody has shown the factory floor guys the drawings ;-)

Hahah yes good point @achjimmy will be interesting to see what we actually end up with. We have also asked for the 'Bed box' to be removed to add additional length to the bed (I'm 200cm tall) so hopefully they get that right.

Pac1977

Feb 19, 2012
About 5 weeks to go, hopefully picking it up mid October, just in time for Melb Cup weekend.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria

Thats a minor detail,just order one and it will all be good ;)

Reactions: relgate

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Suggest you put rubber corners on the edge of your panel. MKes it easier to fit or remove van cover or getting caught on 'things'
In the glove box! Bought them last week from Clark Rubber. There's a pool noodle up there at the moment. (which for the avid Expandersdownunder reader we know serves many purposes!)

Reactions: davemc

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
ok went to Leasurefest new changes..Buffet door handles changed to the round push type.
Bed end lights still TV end on this one.
Interesting the 17.58-3 OB they had next to the newer 17.58-1 touring was one of the first ones.
Wonder how the explain differenes.. you wonder why the had it at the show seeing things changed
Do they go picture this one and now look at the one next to it as it will not look like the one your sitting in
No Window its was nice to have that view. although gone now.
Sink and Stove swapped over now
you loose a overhead cupboard.
you gain a wrap around curtain for the top bunk.
Your bed lights might swap sides after you order it :)
And there is a chance your drifter panel will end up controlled by the person on the top bunk :)

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yes ours has the round handles on the buffet.

When they swap your bed lights they don't use the same ones. They use the Narva type as pictured below. Problem is they don't angle enough to be an ideal reading light from behind you. I was all set to get then to supply the other style to swap them over till halfway through our trip. It's obvious you will belt your head on the original style and the Narva ones are ideal. I just need to create a ramp base so the light can be refocused further over.

image.jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
@achjimmy how was the trip.. All went well?
The kids have all at one stage pulled there light off the wall exposing the cables...
I have been thinking to swap it over to another type of LED light that does not just pop off... :(

It was good Dave, haven't had much time. Just get some of the Narva ones, there very good.

halbster

May 13, 2014
Just got back from our first trip so thought I'd come back here to let you guys know of the issues. Only minor ones really, so overall pretty happy it.

Lamanex above the cooktop has come away.
The fancy black molding above the wheel arch has come away slightly.
The entrance door does not seem to close easily and requires some force (basically slamming). On one day we were using just the screen and my wife and child went inside not sure who closed the door...but the top catch went past the stopper on the door frame and they couldn't get the door open again. Lucky we all weren't in there!!! Couldn't open the door from the outside either so had to get a screw driver and remove the top stopper from the door frame.
Had a heavy storm just before we left and found water leaked in through the air vent above the tv. It puddled on the shelf at the bed end as the van was in the driveway and not level.
Couldn't get one of the roof catches on one day seemed the roof did not come down square and was more over to one side. Lifted the roof again and re-lowed again, not sure if this is normal or not.

Oh and lost one of the inside pieces that the black awning knobs screw into, think I forgot to tighten them after putting the awning down. Made it a bit of a challenge to put the awning up again but survived ok. Apparently only $20 to get 2 replacements.

So that's about it. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    672.1 KB · Views: 241
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 239
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 285