Show and Shine - Show us your tow vehicle set up!

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Would be more Disco owners but I would have needed to sell the kids and market just wasn't right. Got a LR tech in the family and all but his idea of a project vehicle for me doesn't quite match with my expectations.
396174696.149169.png
396175689.994956.png

Reactions: 04diesel

rojoberry

Mar 16, 2012
Pakenham Victoria
He is the new Rig yes went the Pathfinder. I haven't done any long trips with it yet only towed the panda back from Page bros which is about half an hour on pretty flat route, couldn't real feel much so that was a good sign.

Attachments

• The New Rig f.JPG
    The New Rig f.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 309
Reactions: Pace

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Inskip Camping Grounds.jpg
Hi @DRW ,
We are taking the van up to inskip on the first week of the September school hols, am interested in which camp ground did you guys get the van into, how was getting in? was access ok with the van

Thx
HM

Hey HM

We haven't been up since March, in my opinion MV Sarawak is the pick of the sites, but you would want to get in early (a day off school for the kids perhaps) I have attached the map andView attachment 16063 a pic for your viewing pleasure. Be aware apparently low lives are taking advantage of campers and steeling anything not bolted down.

Cheers
DaveView attachment 16063
SAM_0532.JPG

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Thanks for the info dave,
Unfortunately have a commitment with my grandparents on the Saturday so can't get up there until the Sunday, otherwise I would definitely pull the kids from school early. I had thought of going up Friday to get a spot and then coming back, but would mean some serious driving. So will have to see how we go getting a decent spot, they might be a bit scarce....:(

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Thanks for the info dave,
Unfortunately have a commitment with my grandparents on the Saturday so can't get up there until the Sunday, otherwise I would definitely pull the kids from school early. I had thought of going up Friday to get a spot and then coming back, but would mean some serious driving. So will have to see how we go getting a decent spot, they might be a bit scarce....:(

Doesn't really matter its one of the best places to camp and it will be enjoyable no matter how many are there, it's apparently dog friendly as well as most people who were there had their dogs as well.
DW

jbell6660

Apr 30, 2011
Sydney
Nice rig you picked up Hamish. Love that colour. I'm probably going to do the same for now. Where did you get it from?? Cheers. Jim.

hamish22

May 12, 2013
West of Newcastle
www.grmotorsport.com.au
Nice rig you picked up Hamish. Love that colour. I'm probably going to do the same for now. Where did you get it from?? Cheers. Jim.
Hey Jbel

Took a while to find one this good but they are about.
Picked it up at a Hunter Valley Toyota Dealer!
Low K's good nick and already setup perfect to tow!
Good tow cars if you can get one in good nick at a reasonable price as they really hold there value!

This is always a good site to look for a country car as well! http://www.countrycars.com.au/

But one thing to remember if you are looking for one around the age i bought, that pre 1997 models only have a 2500kg and 250kg towing capacity compared to 3500kg and 350kg ball capacity post 97.

cheers!

Last edited:

kavs

Dec 30, 2012
Kalgoorlie, WA
Here's our 2012 GU8 Patrol
So far it has:
Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bull Bar
ARB Side awning
2" lift
4x LED Driving lights
Polyair bags
Ultra Guage
3" exhaust
Dual Batteries
DVD Head rests

Future jobs are:
Diesel Chip (still trying to sort out which one to buy, any suggestions??)
Snorkel
HID Driving lights
Overhead console for the UHF

P1080328.JPG

Our 18.57.6
After this trip I did the axle conversion.

P1250339.JPG
P1250340.JPG

The Alberto

Oct 19, 2012
Rockhampton QLD
That is an awesome pic -Baz and Shaz are lookin pretty good!

Clairview is a great spot, my Grandfather used to take us up there in the school holidays when we were kids. It is only a couple of hours up the road from me and there is some great fishing to be done there. Remember catching good numbers of elbow slapping whiting there and the biggest shovel nose I have ever seen at 2m. Long walk to the water at low tide though :)

Reactions: Millsy

BLJM

Nov 7, 2013
chirnside park
image.jpg October was a pretty good month for us with our brand new 17.56.1 and my 13 colorado LTZ ( still not happy having to get rid of my ssv 6ltr ute). We probably looked like bloody snobs rocking up for our first trip.
Any way she pulled the van no worries with plenty in reserve to put the foot down when needed. Pretty comfy and got it decked out in leather. Might look at air bag at some point as it does seem a bit shitty in the rear. All in all pretty happy with her even though it was my second chose over the awesome ranger but didn't have 6 months to wait for the auto model.
Here is a pic of us leaving for our first trip.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 250