Pauly & Corrins 17.58.3 OB

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Woo hoo!!!
Gas heater was installed today , now I just have to sort out a bit of cabinet Reno.
Had Matt 'the RV plumber ' from healesville do the install as they need to be certified and I'm very happy to say he did a great job! (saw his number on here shortly after installing our last one)
He is mobile and popped in A few weeks ago to check out where I wanted everything to run and was great.
Got him to extend the main gas line for when the box goes on the drawbar, should be soon as it went off for Powdercoating today.
image.jpeg
Control at the top of bed box

image.jpeg
Inlet. Outlet.
image.jpeg
Unit squeezed nicely into the corner. I had to remove all the shrouds but will fashion something up shortly to protect everything again .
image.jpeg
Inlet/exhaust
I still have to put in some furniture blocks then move the draw runners up 20mm and the draw face down 20mm. Shouldn't take too long.

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Modified the draw to clear the heater exhaust today
image.jpeg
Fitted up the fiama easy dry to the bike rack.
Saw one on JT76's panda and thought that's great
image.jpeg
Got a different toilet roll holder(saw on megcam's) and put an extra shower head holder on the roof .
image.jpeg
Got an acurite fridge /freezer thermometer
(Saw on here a while ago can't recall who atm )
image.jpeg

Wired in a gas detector
image.jpeg
And carpeted the van in marine carpet the same as the door well, only weighs a couple of kg.
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Cut an extra Mat for the door well and just in front of the step.

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
Looking great! And that shower head holder...genius! I struggled to wet my head under the standard height it is positioned in. Does the ensuite come with a toilet roll holder? Haven't seen one on mine. But have been eyeing up that waterproof one for a while now. How did you attach it @Pauly ?

Reactions: JaycoQ and Pauly

bloke

Apr 25, 2016
Bendigo
Some great mods again mate, some of which I'll be adding to my ever growing list! Looking fantastic

Last edited:
Reactions: Pauly

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Got the 'fridge switch ' in today. Bit tight in there compared to our 2013 van with the dometic fridge and larger hatches but I squeezed it in just.image.jpeg
As with our last van I put a clearance light on the fridge vent that comes on when fridge switch is on . Easily seen in my mirrors.image.jpeg

Got a remote for the stereo so velcroed it next to the door so don't have to step inside the van with dirty boots to fiddle with stereo.
image.jpeg

Moved the rear bar in about 3"
Looks close in pic but still clears body by 2 1/2 "

image.jpeg
Reminded myself today to drill some drain holes in the bottom of the tail light shrouds as our last van collected water in there.

bloke

Apr 25, 2016
Bendigo
Sorry if I missed this earlier, but the 'fridge switch' and clearance light, is that simply so you can tell that the fridge is running on 12v?

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Yep right on, I just like to know that 12v is pumping through its veins . So the clearance light tells me at a glance . Also should we lose the plug for any reason, say corrugations. I'll know straight away. I do have our plug tethered to the breakaway cable so it can't fall far .

Reactions: Delano and bloke

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Looking great! And that shower head holder...genius! I struggled to wet my head under the standard height it is positioned in. Does the ensuite come with a toilet roll holder? Haven't seen one on mine. But have been eyeing up that waterproof one for a while now. How did you attach it @Pauly ?

I am far from genius status but I'll take that , thank you!! Didn't come with a roll holder ,We just had one of the suction cup ones. Like this
image.jpeg Never fell off in our last van but the roll would unravel as you drove if left on.
Just thought the covered one would work well so thought we'd give one a try.
It either fixes straight to the wall or screws onto a plate that has a suction cup . So I have just sucked it to the wall for the moment just incase we don't like the position or it find something better.

Tucker

May 4, 2016
Geelong, Victoria
View attachment 43460
View attachment 43463
Got a different toilet roll holder(saw on megcam's) and put an extra shower head holder on the roof .
View attachment 43464
View attachment 43478

Wired in a gas detector
View attachment 43470
And carpeted the van in marine carpet the same as the door well, only weighs a couple of kg.
View attachment 43472 View attachment 43473

Hi mate love the shower rose holder I'm 6.4" and have no chance of washing above my chest just after where you got it from and a roughly a price too please
Cheers

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Hi mate love the shower rose holder I'm 6.4" and have no chance of washing above my chest just after where you got it from and a roughly a price too please
Cheers

Jeepers you'd have to stick ya head out the hatch!!

I'm 6' and that does nicely.
Tried buying the one jayco use but only comes in the full kit for $60 at the factory. so jumped on eBay $4 delivered. There's heaps of different ones on there.

image.png
https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/321802275641

Hardware stores probably have em to but I didn't bother looking.

Tucker

May 4, 2016
Geelong, Victoria

MAC03

Jun 30, 2016
Renmark SA
View attachment 43460
View attachment 43463
View attachment 43464
View attachment 43478

Wired in a gas detector
View attachment 43470
View attachment 43472 View attachment 43473
There are some great ideas here which I will use. Hope that's ok.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
I am far from genius status but I'll take that , thank you!! Didn't come with a roll holder ,We just had one of the suction cup ones. Like this
View attachment 43537 Never fell off in our last van but the roll would unravel as you drove if left on.
Just thought the covered one would work well so thought we'd give one a try.
It either fixes straight to the wall or screws onto a plate that has a suction cup . So I have just sucked it to the wall for the moment just incase we don't like the position or it find something better.
Our van came with a roll holder screwed to the wall. We tie a shoelace through the roll and then around the holder.
Stops it from unrolling when traveling but still very easy to grabb a sheet or 4 when needed.

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Our van came with a roll holder screwed to the wall. We tie a shoelace through the roll and then around the holder.
Stops it from unrolling when traveling but still very easy to grabb a sheet or 4 when needed.
Both vans we've had with bogs didn't have holders fitted but have been happy with the suction ones . Good idea with the shoelace ! Simarly We put a hair tie round the roll to stop it unrolling before getting the covered holder. (No pointing fingers but "someone OFTEN forgot to check that the hair tie had been put back on before traveling )Hopefully now won't need to.

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Bike rack has been letting water in the van.
image.jpeg
We noticed water around it on pickup (raining that day) but was told they get a little 'excited' when washing with high pressure before pick up and that the water would be from blasting in through the poptop zips and vents. Seamed plausible as there was water in other spots also . But when raining the other day it was weeping in. So pulled it off to reveal that the silicone was literally funneling water in on both left and right upper mounts.
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Once cleaned up I gave it a nice coating of silicone . I'll give it a couple of days to cure before nipping it up and popping the caps back on. So seems all fixed now with a good drop down the other night and nothing inside.