Pauly & Corrins 17.58.3 OB

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Yep extras always hurt after you have ordered. This is what we have done under the bed. A tub for towels, and a couple of large tubs for coats and jackets/jumpers and a wash basket for the laundry and a small tub for all the fly spray laundry detergent ,dishwashing liquid etc and the bit I've sectioned off for the diesel heater.While I love the draw under the bunk I think they have wasted a fair bit of space above the drawers under the double imo. I think those drawers could of been higher. We try to keep the weight down in what we put under the bed due to the weight of contents in the toolbox adding to the towball weight.

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
View attachment 42768 View attachment 42769 Yep extras always hurt after you have ordered. This is what we have done under the bed. A tub for towels, and a couple of large tubs for coats and jackets/jumpers and a wash basket for the laundry and a small tub for all the fly spray laundry detergent ,dishwashing liquid etc and the bit I've sectioned off for the diesel heater.While I love the draw under the bunk I think they have wasted a fair bit of space above the drawers under the double imo. I think those drawers could of been higher. We try to keep the weight down in what we put under the bed due to the weight of contents in the toolbox adding to the towball weight.
Oh wow so organised! Stealing your tub ideas for mine!

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
Just a quick little addition of some labels by the missus today is nice!
Super exy and time consuming this one, I kept pressing the wrong buttons:doh:
View attachment 42720
All set for the plan of attack to install the gas heater to. Just have to raise a draw, remove some timber shrouds and relocate some bracing in a kitchen carcass. I'm making it sound more involved than it is.
Once the rain stops I'll crawl under and size up my chances of fitting a couple more tanks.
One quirky thing we only have 12v power to the tv outlet when the outside light is on??:der:
Love this idea! What did she use, they look awesome. Adding to my list too...

Reactions: Pauly

bloke

Apr 25, 2016
Bendigo
View attachment 42768 View attachment 42769 Yep extras always hurt after you have ordered. This is what we have done under the bed. A tub for towels, and a couple of large tubs for coats and jackets/jumpers and a wash basket for the laundry and a small tub for all the fly spray laundry detergent ,dishwashing liquid etc and the bit I've sectioned off for the diesel heater.While I love the draw under the bunk I think they have wasted a fair bit of space above the drawers under the double imo. I think those drawers could of been higher. We try to keep the weight down in what we put under the bed due to the weight of contents in the toolbox adding to the towball weight.
Looks great 17triton. After seeing your photos, I tend to agree with your opinion of better use of the space with the tubs. My wife believes so too, so that is a bonus :clap2: Good work, and thanks for the pics. Cheers.

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Love this idea! What did she use, they look awesome. Adding to my list too...
Just a label maker.

Your a Tetris pro with the tubs under your bed @17triton nicely stacked;)
The draws are great insurance for me so I don't get in fisticuffs with the missus if I tip her into the wall in the morning :boxing-25:.

Got some parts today to make up the second draw under bunks so am hoping to get stuck into it on the weekend, also recieved a larger external hatch for me to swap out one of the two they fudged up .
Measured and drawn up the bbq box for the drawbar so should have that in a few weeks , can't wait as that's what's really going to make the van "user friendly" for us . I have tried to plan everything out do nothing is buried and very easily accessible.

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
A little bit of progress today.Quickly moved the second battery to under the dinette to make way for another draw under the bunk.
image.jpeg
Delicately drilled the five holes needed measured a dozen times before attacking. Luckily had the perfect size holesaw.
image.png
Drawer all made up , very similar to factory as they supplied me with timber(if you can call it that) and components . Only difference is screws and the way they staple so won't be noticeable unless drawer is removed.
image.png image.png
Hole cut, shroud made to house the drawer. Positioned runners . 2nd Battery moved to under dinette (ran out of time to rewire) . image.jpeg
image.jpeg
All finished off with ladder moved.image.jpeg
While at it Removed jayco 12v and Fitted twin narva usb point with 12v socket.

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Got to fit a few lil things today.
Fitted a carbon monoxide sensor.
ReWired in the second battery after relocating it. Ended up running 25mm conduit under the floor and poked some elbows up through it. This has the cables fed through, added an extra fuse at the terminal as there was only one at the main battery.image.jpeg
Put in a couple of battery operated sensor lights one for the fridge and one for the toilet if the girls get up during the night.image.jpegimage.jpeg
Put a sirocco fan up . Love the timer function and jeez it moves some air with very little amp draw. ( probably won't get tested out for a while) tried to hide the wiring in cable cover conduit under the pelmet and behind the curtain .
image.jpeg
Added two more bed lamps as we sleep the opposite end to the factory ones . And adds a bit more light over the sink when pointed there.
image.jpeg
Got my bracket that I made up for the tv back from my Powdercoaters . Well over engineered but blends in ok and will never go astray. It is secured to the wall and the overhead cupboard.
Found there is a cable duct running inside the wall from the overhead to under the bed so am running cables through that. I was rather chuffed to find that as it keeps it neat.image.jpegimage.jpeg
Changed over the solar controller , I have run this one on our last van and also portable panels and find it much better.image.jpeg

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Just be warned @Pauly .... Just when you think you have finished the mods, or take another trip, you'll think of something else ;)

Looking good though :encouragement:
Thanks mate!!
Warning noted , I don't think I ever finish modifying things ever so slightly . There's always got to be something to improve on.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
It's marvellous how your mind turns to improvements when sitting under the awning with a drink in hand.

Most of my better ideas have evolved this way and most of my less useful changes have been dreamed up while at home.

:o

MickL

Feb 28, 2016
SA
@Pauly just wondering if you could clarify how that awning leg fix works eg can you move leg from one bracket to the other once the awning is away (for example if you pulled up at a dump point on the side of the road or leaving a park). I haven't had a carefree awning before so not exactly sure how they work...

Reactions: Pauly

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
It's marvellous how your mind turns to improvements when sitting under the awning with a drink in hand.

Most of my better ideas have evolved this way and most of my less useful changes have been dreamed up while at home.

:o

Yep lazy days livin the dream !!
I can't say that I come up with great ideas when I have a drink in motion but nevertheless they are definitely some sort of idea:stupid:

@Pauly just wondering if you could clarify how that awning leg fix works eg can you move leg from one bracket to the other once the awning is away (for example if you pulled up at a dump point on the side of the road or leaving a park). I haven't had a carefree awning before so not exactly sure how they work...
Yep that's it . Just unclip from one and pivots over to clip on the other, get the chore done then change it back. Just as easy as opening a hatch.

Reactions: bigcol and Dobbie

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
How much extra for the fibreglass walls? How's the front bed it looks small for 2 adults??
On the extras sheet was 1490 but they seam to blend it in .
We've previously had fiberglass and aluminum clad vans and much prefer the fiberglass looks and strength wise. Each to their own though, as my folks dislike the 'look' of the flat side but never took their vans off bitumen. Ours always get a bit of bush pinstriping and the glass polish out a treat.

I'm six foot and find the beds great it's about 2m x 1.3m. The kids seam to think it's big enough for the four of us when they wake up in the morning :nono:

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Got a few small things done to the van last week before we took it away for a few days.
image.jpeg
Moved the table slides in just a pinch (reused two holes, drilled two more and put caps over the original holes) to let us push it a bit further out of the way giving easier access to the seats. Our girls are small enough atm to squish em right up but only went a lil way.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Made up 3 clear panels for the poptop windows to let a lot more light in and view keeping wind and rain out ( we keep the mesh one open on the awning side). In previous vans most of the year we use these but the originals are quick to Velcro back on if needed in really hot summer.
image.jpeg
Swapped the single 12v cig plug to a merrit and cig plug. Gad I did to as the wiring was partially cut through which potentially could have caused a short.
image.jpeg
Because my girls think they are monkeys and on last trip there was texta on the table (thankfully came off ok) but we covered the table and buffet with pvc. We'll see how this goes might stay might not. But hasn't cost us anything as these are end of rolls that I normally throw out so happy days!!