Mar 31, 2014
Australia
here is the pic @Crusty181 of where it leaks
IMG_2766.JPG

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
here is the pic @Crusty181 of where it leaks View attachment 32020
On my previous Expanda i had a leak in the same area. That same area of the frame, directly on the outside had poor and gappy sealer along the top btw the frame and the body. The water would come in through the hardlid hinge, hug the body and go between the bed frame and the body on the outside. On mine, the water ran along of the top of the frame and then down between the frame and wall at the right ... with a torch I could see it running

I was wrestling with my son on his bed (i have a Working with Children check so thats ok, plus he was winning) during a heavy constant rain and i could the water running like a damn down pipe .... a little seeping out where a pillow would usually live, forming a pool on the lid of the boot

It was a genuine pain in the ar$e to get sealer into that gap, but it did solve the problem

Reactions: Bluey and dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Not a nice place to have a leak, I would take off lid, then remove the bed end and reseal the whole thing, just running a bead around the outside is a band aid measure, always saves time to redo the whole lot then it's done and dusted and you don't have to revisit.

Reactions: bigcol

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
On my previous Expanda i had a leak in the same area. That same area of the frame, directly on the outside had poor and gappy sealer along the top btw the frame and the body. The water would come in through the hardlid hinge, hug the body and go between the bed frame and the body on the outside. On mine, the water ran along of the top of the frame and then down between the frame and wall at the right ... with a torch I could see it running

I was wrestling with my son on his bed (i have a Working with Children check so thats ok, plus he was winning) during a heavy constant rain and i could the water running like a damn down pipe .... a little seeping out where a pillow would usually live, forming a pool on the lid of the boot

It was a genuine pain in the ar$e to get sealer into that gap, but it did solve the problem
just sealing around that edge would work but then I may have water pooling on bed end roof jayco must stop the leak I hope , its booked in for a check over in June we got it in august so nearly 12 months is up they can do these things soon I will have to do them all

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
just sealing around that edge would work but then I may have water pooling on bed end roof jayco must stop the leak I hope , its booked in for a check over in June we got it in august so nearly 12 months is up they can do these things soon I will have to do them all
Our new Expanda doent leak a drop through the Hardlid hinge .... it odd that some dont leak at all and some leak like a tap

Reactions: dagree

Greg Swain

Nov 20, 2013
gold coast
Hi All, yes this has been a problem for me too as mention by @achjimmy , I also have the holiday annex bed covers and the front bed canvas was still getting really wet in the rain. That video shows exactly how the water gets in @Ligedy

BUT I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!

I found a guy on ebay making bed end gutters (I posted it in the ebay finds thread a while ago) but its not listed now. Its similar to the very first post in this thread but instead of being above the hinge it goes below. Simple (two person) install, and works great. Recently camping in heavy rain and front bed stayed dry but rear bed had some water on the canvas so might get one for the rear also.

I have the person who makes these details so if any one is interested i will contact him and ask if he minds me putting his details up. He's in Moorebank, NSW. He also make clear pop top window replacements (instead of mesh), bed end storm covers and thermo fans for Jayco fridges.

Here are some photos of mine fitted up (sorry not great quality).
View attachment 31754

View attachment 31755
Hello Motomoto please send me the details of the fellow selling these devices . Greg swain gandkswain@bigpond.com

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Put the van in for service and mentioned a leaking front bed end lid hinge. After some discussion, here's what was done as a permanent solution.
The guys at the workshop did it on both ends, just in case! Professional job and looks like it was always meant to be there. I hope this helps someone who may have the same issue.
View attachment 22498 View attachment 22496 View attachment 22499 View attachment 22500

Cheers!
Hi MBR37746, can you tell me the dealership you got the solution from, I'd like to call them to discuss how I can get it done down here in the Illawarra, thanks mate.
Dave