Lcd wall mount bracket

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Here's an idea for the installation of a LCD wall mount bracket without screwing to the wall of the van.
The timber is 2 pieces of 70mmx19mm pine glued and screwed together (about 900mm long).
The timber is fixed up the top through the overhead cupboard and at the bottom with 1 screw from underneath and a bit of sikaflex down the length of the timber to adhere it to the wall.
The bracket was about $80 from the Goodguys.
All up cost was less than $100 (including the paint) and turned out pretty good.
021312 010.jpg021312 006.jpg021312 007.jpg021312 008.jpg021312 009.jpg

Reactions: Tailor

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Well done Turtle. I have a similar TV mount but took the easy way and bolted it through the circuit breaker cupboard which just happens to have an extra timber brace. Nice and strong, works well.

DSC_2344.jpg DSC_2345.jpg

Two+two

Jun 13, 2011
Brookfield, Brisbane
Nice job Turtle, I have done exactly the same thing, will post some photos later too! Great minds think alike. it is the perfect spaot to mount it in the 17.56-2

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
I thought about a bracket, but the solar regulator and booster for the ariel get in the way for a mount. So I will just keep mine on the table near the door.

shadow75

Aug 25, 2011
Sale, Victoria, Australia
Hey Guys, how do the TV mounts hold up during travel? Any chance of the TV coming off / Falling? What size TV's have you mounted?

I love the design idea! No screws into wall = little chance of hitting power cables or the alike..

Cheers Glenn

Tailor

Jun 2, 2012
Newport Qld
Gee thanks Turtle.

I was looking to see where to put my bracket, which seems to be identical to yours, and blundered upon your idea.
Had to make slight mods as the GPO was close to the edge of the bottom cupboard. The power plug for the TV and booster wouldn't fit into the GPO, so I got the necessary from Coast to Coast and put one on the end of the cupboard near the bed. A pretty tight fit, but will work OK. Also had another job the week before and used a nice dressed pine from Bunnings, 30x75mm X 1metre. Exactly what I needed to do this bracket support so didn't have to join 2 pieces.

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Hi Turtle,
We just mounted a piece of cupboard (provided by dealer we bought our van through) then sikaflexed and screwed into van and then applied the bracket. Let sit for 24hrs and mounted TV. Gets strapped whilst travelling.
e83a5c60.jpg
IMG_3725.jpg

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
What a grey idea turtle.
I know if you order a wall mount in a new van that they insert timber into the wall so that you can screw the wall mount into it. Your idea does the same thing except the timber is not in the wall.
Is silkaflex the same as liquid nails? I didn't realize silkaflex had fantastic bonding properties.

Hit the road

Oct 25, 2012
Frankston Vic
Great idea turtle!
Am also keen to hear how it goes traveling!
i asked the agent about getting one and he wasnt keen at all due to the travelling vibrations!
said they would do it but recommended pulling it off the bracket when traveling.
your idea looks great and I think it would hold it as well!
is there any way of securing it while on the road?

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
We were inspired by Turtle's mod and did something similar. The timber is liquid nailed to the outside wall and screwed in via the overhead cupboard and side of the buffet cupboard. We drove to Melbourne and back (all sealed roads) and didn't have any problems at all. When ours is packed up, the TV kind of tucks into the bed end (we slide the foam part that was in the box packaging over that side to protect it). It doesn't move at all. Our TV is 24" so while not big..... certainly not small by caravan standards.

ETA We also add a strap around the tv and arm when travelling