Starcraft Expandas gone long live the Starcraft, and we finally got one!

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
We put the d-flector on. Was wondering if we did or not and one was there at pickup so impulse brought it. Thought of stone stomper.
Still working out what I do toolbox wise.. put the tyre on the back so I can. Need to work out what.
As said after the weekend in the wet rather not put stuff under the bed. The rear storage is good just too narrow door to get in.
Chairs and more chairs in the front boot. Put the Anti Flap in there made up just fits :)

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
We put the d-flector on. Was wondering if we did or not and one was there at pickup so impulse brought it. Thought of stone stomper.
Still working out what I do toolbox wise.. put the tyre on the back so I can. Need to work out what.
As said after the weekend in the wet rather not put stuff under the bed. The rear storage is good just too narrow door to get in.
Chairs and more chairs in the front boot. Put the Anti Flap in there made up just fits :)

I made a huge stoneguard for our expanda, no problems worked a treat, nice and wide and caught everything. but it did get in the way and weighed a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_1866.JPG
    IMG_1866.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Reactions: skippy

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
@achjimmy have you given any thought to the outdoor entertainment pack. When I upgraded it was the first thing on the list. If your like us when we go away we try not to spend to much time in the van and nothing beats having a few frothys and watching the football(AFL) outside. :DO and Go Freo. Lol hehehe.

Reactions: relgate

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
@achjimmy have you given any thought to the outdoor entertainment pack. When I upgraded it was the first thing on the list. If your like us when we go away we try not to spend to much time in the van and nothing beats having a few frothys and watching the football(AFL) outside. :DO and Go Freo. Lol hehehe.

Hi skip no I hadn't. Didnt even know it was on offer. Only thing I recall was a premium sound package but it was considerably more expensive and I couldn't get out of them what it did? Tbh I don't watch much idiot box at all when away just thought get the tv and arm mounted so it's there for the odd occasion.

Reactions: skippy

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Hi skip no I hadn't. Didnt even know it was on offer. Only thing I recall was a premium sound package but it was considerably more expensive and I couldn't get out of them what it did? Tbh I don't watch much idiot box at all when away just thought get the tv and arm mounted so it's there for the odd occasion.

the outdoor entertainmentunit is only a couple of hundred $$$. We were dead against TV while campng but it turns out there is a major sporting event every time we are away!!! So we got the outdoor TV this time and we can all watch the Aussie open (tennis)!

Reactions: skippy and achjimmy

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
So what is it the hatch that takes the TV and aerial etc?

Not sure how much room there'd be on the 17'. Any way state of origin, dogs grand final and the poms being beaten at Cricket are the only must watch things for me. The rest I can pass.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
So what is it the hatch that takes the TV and aerial etc?

Not sure how much room there'd be on the 17'. Any way state of origin, dogs grand final and the poms being beaten at Cricket are the only must watch things for me. The rest I can pass.
It is a hatch with a shallow enclosed cupbaord space. Inside is a TV arm (no tv) and all the connections, 12V and 240. There is a pic here halfway down the page...
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/jayco-starcraft-22-68-1-ob.5087/page-5

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Okay got it. There would be no where on the 17.58-3 to fit that?

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Well we have a tyre on the rear. I think someone else asked and was told no. So depends on who you ask, I did ask with a picture of a 17.58 in SA with a spare on the rear. So hard for them to say no.
Well I still thinking of putting a hatch under the bunk was told no as external shower? Although worth another look now the van is here.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Well we have a tyre on the rear. I think someone else asked and was told no. So depends on who you ask, I did ask with a picture of a 17.58 in SA with a spare on the rear. So hard for them to say no.
Well I still thinking of putting a hatch under the bunk was told no as external shower? Although worth another look now the van is here.
Go for it!