Drovers new Rig - "Big Mal"

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Big step taken, the 14ft Tardis has been upgraded to a 20ft Coromal Lifestyle 667s, for all the usual reasons and more leg room....................it's not a new rig and has 120w solar, Dometic 2 door fridge and AC, also has an annex but it may stay in the shed but can walk around and make the bed.

Wheels are whoppers, 265 75 x 16, should be able to get 6 cane toads in one go. Did the deal at Camperland, the Jayco place in Brissie and I must say I was impressed with them, the prep on the van was great, put a new 100ah AGM battery in it, 7 pin plug and replaced a few lights that were a bit dodgy as well as a Jayco goodies pack, hats, stubby holders, key rings and a picnic blanket.

With tanks full, hooked it up to the Colorado and the upgraded suspension on it dropped about 10mm we reckon and it sat perfect, 160km drive home and I think it was better than the Expanda, just tucked in behind and on the rural road to my place which I was waiting to see how it went, no porpoising or bouncing so I may get away without a WDH, see when I fully load the Ute with luck I won't.
Got it up my drive , low range and into the backyard and started to sort things out, 2 hrs later the rain gauge shows 40mm.....................we had a good gully raker come through, so it is a bit damp now.
"Let The Mods Begin", soon as it dries out enough to get under it.

Parked up at the Jayco playground............................. farewellTardis01.jpg

goodiespack.jpg and I will still use them.....................

Getting everything set up and sorted...............
parkedup01.jpg

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Looks the goods @Drover, congrats.

Whilst we have been stoked with the Expanda, we are starting to look at a 21ft Silverline, mainly to be able to walk around the bed as well

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep, Mrs D didn't like crawling around to make the bed, I didn't have that problem, just leave it also the 3 month trip proved we needed a but more room to stretch.
First up I have to redo the drain hoses, what a bloody mess and the grey water tank will require a good bit of thought to get it all to run..........don't think I will go wild on the mods this time just the GW tank, a Mobile broadband aerial and a couple more 12v outlets and an anderson for the portable panel, so a couple of days of mods then hope the yard has dried out so I can move it.
I feel a need for the beach.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
awesome sauce mate

well done that Man

now - when you poke your head underneath, you will notice that the pipes for the Hot Water & cold water to the ensuite are pretty poorly situated
and very un-protected

add that one to your "Mod list"

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
We sure are @Holden_man ..............yours is nearly here, I couldn't handle the wait.

and your quite right @bigcol , a trip to the green shed for some pipe insulation, PVC piping for drains , will need a trolley for the shop and should see requirements covered, oh and Mrs D doesn't like venetian blinds so have to endure a wander through Spotlight for some extra curtains, o_O.

Oh and it will get a spray underneath of underbody paint, then I will need storage for my hoses and blocks an stuff, ah !!! It's starting ............

I wonder where the breaksafe unit lives ?

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Well done Drover.

You'll be like a pig in clover....

Looks good and should suit you.

Why the Big Mal name? can't be a political implication so it must be more subtle.....malcontent? Mal de mere?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Nothing so flash, CoroMAL..................and bigger than the Tardis...........................though it does have a Maroon awning..:biggrin1:...........our place is rock hard, a little bt of rain and it's gum boot country, would have had to park it in the street if I hadn't beat the weather, so pleased.

Here's some pics, taken before we started to moved our stuff in, we couldn't believe how much we actually had stashed in the Tardis......looks like a bomb hit at the moment.....

room to party..........lbed to rear.jpg

.................................................bed01.jpg...don't have to duck...

ensuite.jpg ......a Big mirror........................................fridge.jpg ..love it, 2 door, no more food in the Engel.

table02.jpg ............Yes, bourbon please..............

and the Solar Controller, lots of bells and whistles...solar conrtoller.jpg

So ????? enough pics yet, wait till I can get underneath with my shopping from the Green Shed.........

Last edited: