Dave and Sarah's Starcraft 22.68-1

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Put up the awning and a couple of shades.. Noticed a screw missing on the rafter support arm ;(

image.jpeg

Tried washing machine worked fine no leaks..
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Let's hope it all stays attached with the wind ;) it has died down

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Went down to Nethercote falls yesterday the 4WD track down the hill locked so started walking down the steep hill twin 1 slips over and again.. So big kids and I continued alone down to the creek the logs to cross would not hold the fat man the kids got across so head back up the hill... Kids not happy.

Went to Whydham market this morning for a drive then off to motorfest... Kids complaining about going then they see jumping pillow then some smart guy setup a stall with cheap crap Chinese toys.. Yes you guessed it we have some Lego batman and Yughoh or what ever cards...
Kids got to climb fire trucks touch snakes and crocodiles.. Then came the part where dad wanted to look at actual cars although of course all tired.
Some nice Torana's that I really liked a few others to droll and a couple of nice minis. One for sale..
Also a couple of mad max cars ;)
Kids watched motor bikes while I walked around ;)

Off to Sunday roast at the golf club ;)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 237
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 195
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 203
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 209
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 209
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    804.8 KB · Views: 213

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Last couple of days went to the Eden whale museum was happy no one pointed at me and said their she blows ;)
Very interesting how the killer whales used to herd the larger whales into the bay.

Went for a swim not extremely warm although kids do not care :)
Was the twins birthday yesterday with the 22 a lot of room to hide presents did not do much yesterday just scooters and maccas for dinner..
Ice cream van came through the park $2 kids chic cones where good.
Wind came in last night although awning is still there, next door he has no middle rafter and it was going and and down even though he had a full annex.

Off for a drive today somewhere no idea where yet ;)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 190
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 179
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    579.1 KB · Views: 199
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    970 KB · Views: 217

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Last couple of days went to the Eden whale museum was happy no one pointed at me and said their she blows ;)
Very interesting how the killer whales used to herd the larger whales into the bay.

Went for a swim not extremely warm although kids do not care :)
Was the twins birthday yesterday with the 22 a lot of room to hide presents did not do much yesterday just scooters and maccas for dinner..
Ice cream van came through the park $2 kids chic cones where good.
Wind came in last night although awning is still there, next door he has no middle rafter and it was going and and down even though he had a full annex.

Off for a drive today somewhere no idea where yet ;)
Wheres do you put the extra kid Dave??

The so called curved rafters we got with the annex were very thin, pliable and barely had any curve to them. I replaced them with heavy duty raters with a 60mm curve.

Reactions: dagree

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
Nice looking van Dave, must be nice to just walk in with no setting up. I would of thought 300kg ball weight would of been spot on for the magic 10%-15% ball weight we should all have. Mines 340kg with the 3 tanks full.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
thanks Shane... Yes and island bed is great :) Although I still like your 4 bunks and the back and slide out lounge :) Would of been happy wit combo shower :) Although like the extra bench space in the 22.
2780 ATM I would like to get her weighed :) Tare 2305 plus 320kgs water/gas does not leave much.
If we are going to parks do not need all three tanks filled thought help ball weight and also how much fuel we use.
Was always told travel with water to keep the van lower to the ground, although empty one of the front tanks be more balanced as two at the front. Did not get time to empty this weekend do it sometime this week. Then re do ball weight.

Hope the basestation going well.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Went to get the annex measured up.. The screw I replaced on middle rafter pulled out again somewhere on the Hume I gather.
The other ones can unscrew by hand. so removed the arm for the way home.
Found under the bottom holder there where two sets of drill holes. One set seems to takes screws in tight.
Top ones both just turn.. have to work out something.
Annex guy at Aussie wide said he fix it for me when Annex ready although have a few trips in the next month :( so will work out something :(
He said get a aluminium plate and silicone/rivet it on then put the arm on it.

Also the holes they put in for AFK at Mount Gambier where in the wrong place and the brackets again wrong :(
He will fix all that as well. So very happy with the service they are just in the factories behind Supreme/JB.. so not that far from our place. 30 mins

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Sounds like the annex guy is on the right track @davemc ... Couple of pics of repairs on our previous 16'er when the top awning arm bracket pulled out :o

Fixed001.jpg Ouch001.jpg
All I could find before the trip home was some offcuts of ali chequer plate!

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Sounds like the annex guy is on the right track @davemc ... Couple of pics of repairs on our previous 16'er when the top awning arm bracket pulled out :o

View attachment 36522 View attachment 36523
All I could find before the trip home was some offcuts of ali chequer plate!
bugger mate.. no idea why they do not have plates behind them :( Yes lucky the arm was not lost on the way there.. created a seperate thread see if anyone has ideas
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/centre-awning-support-arm.7929/#post-132594

Last edited:
Reactions: dagree