Dave and Sarah's Starcraft 22.68-1

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
update... underslung is lower then outback :)
The step got stuck on the sleeper on the way up the hill.. So had to bend it back..
Need to dig out the slope more :(

It also a bit more squishy getting under the van to run the reverse camera.
Like my father before me I like to look at a job a few times before I start. Drives my wife crazy like it did my mother :)
Originally was going to put it up high although bike rack would mean you see nothing with bikes.
Then was going to put it on the rear bar like we did with the 17".. Touring has a rounded bar so not as good.
Took the wheel cover off thinking I put something attached to it although higher, noticed a hole in the middle of the carrier.
Went sweet that will do. so mounted the camera in the middle of the spare. Of course all the washers and bolts I collected over the years did not fit.. So big green shed and got some. Best thing is I can put the cover back on and you do not see the camera :0
See how it goes there.
IMG_8983.jpg
Filled front tunnel. Weber Q200 fits in luck not a high lid model :) Portable clothes line did not so under the bed it will go.
Interesting bigger front tunnel although no rear boot so have more crap to go under the bed.
IMG_8944.JPG
Brought a pull out pantry see how I go putting it in later today.

Scotch Guarded all the dinette
But down rubber matts in the shelfs so nothing rolls around..
Brought a little square bin that fits under the sink.
Still a bit to do today and tomorrow before we head off. Like remember to put number plate on :) Just noticed on rear picture :)

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
@mfexpanda its the Safety Dave system so a 7" screen in the car and a cable down to a 4 pin that hangs on the rear. the screen I can select the one over the license plate or plug in one .. Below is a picture of the little one we plug in to see the towball. then I unscrew and plug in the one of the caravan... So just run the 10m 4 pin cable from drawbar to rear and plug it into the square camera on rear.
We leave the screen running all the time as its always on. Even without the van we leave it running :)
img_4875-jpg.jpg

Reactions: mfexpanda

halbster

May 13, 2014
Just a thought Dave, but you could try one of those bullbar antena mounts attached to the rear bar and mount the camera to that...might work.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Just a thought Dave, but you could try one of those bullbar antena mounts attached to the rear bar and mount the camera to that...might work.
Thanks see how it goes on the rear

On that I tried to take the spare off to make the job easier.. I know I have had the flu the last week although I could not undo the wheel its.. Tried my own wheel brace as well.. No idea if done up to tight, no leve age or I am weak as don't be rude ;)

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Ok made it to NRMA Merimbula around 3 yesterday was our first time towing when it rained.. Averaged around 21-22 not much different then the 17"
Took a while to get van straight was close first time then someone needed to get past so pushed the van back let them through stuffed the angle and 30 mins later in ;)
Went to Pambula golf club for a yummy dinner
Met someone I used to record from studio days small world..

It's very blowy here went to out awning out last night to windy, will maybe try again today. Then noticed no van has theirs out near us... Felt like the 3 little pigs last night the big bad wolf huffed and puffed although full van so they could not get in ;) feel for the tents in front of us

Suns been here and gone today hope weather picks up
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    881.4 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
@cruza driver went there today some nice old machinery although I thought there be something more.. Like demonstration or some videos showing cheese making.. Maybe we missed it
Bottom shop had cheese tasting the boys enjoyed

Went for a drive around it is either sunny and windy or raining and windy ;)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 197
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 160
Reactions: dagree and McKenzie

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
@cruza driver went there today some nice old machinery although I thought there be something more.. Like demonstration or some videos showing cheese making.. Maybe we missed it
Bottom shop had cheese tasting the boys enjoyed

Went for a drive around it is either sunny and windy or raining and windy ;)
Also go check out Nethercote water falls, its not far south of Pambula if you get a chance.

They have stoped the cheese factory viewing room in recent years which is a shame.

Reactions: davemc

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Shame I heard the caburys tour stopped as well
Yes heading to the falls and another park close by cannot remember what.. Kids did kids club things today and took scooters out was overcast then sunny although always windy.. Had a hit of tennis then noticed the chrome dome is red and burnt ;( should of warn my hat then spent the day chasing it when it blew off ;)

Have a couple of new friends who put there awnings out. If there still there in the morning might do ours ;)