Dagree's (David & Greer) 2014 17.56.2OB

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
I had the small nut that holds the knob to open the sky light above the shower had fallen out and it also blew open when travelling. The drain hole was plugged up so found the nut. Used a spring washer and Duct Tape so now secure.
Don't believe a locking nut or spring washer was ever used so others need to check this as well as it can vibrate loose and fall down the drain hole!
I had the same thing @Marv_mart in the old 16, very good advice and especially the good old duck tape come's in handy once again. The panda never leaves my house without a roll;)

Last edited:

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
OH and @skippy ... Almost got the river crossing pics for you due to the rain we had but unfortunately due to a slight altercation with some loose gravel the night before and me doing some olympic gold medal aerial manouvres, keeping one foot planted while the other one prevented me from either landing on my knees or butt:minion_kungfu:...... ended up damaging a disc in the back. Once hitting the corrugations on the drive had to turn back to camp for some Jack D's pain killers :wink-47:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Duct Tape is also good when you get hit by a grain truck, patched our van up very well. Duct tape and silastic never leave home without it.

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Dragged the van out from under cover to clean it after last weekends getaway and decided to have a quick look to see why we aren't getting any water into the hot water system after some warranty work to fix some under van water leaks.....

Little Helper.jpg
Got the Apprentice (Grandson) to give me a hand and after all his questions that I could not answer looks like it will be going back to Martin at Northside Caravan Repairs next Friday on my way home from getting measured at Caravanland for the ESC to have a look.

Hopefully just a minor blockage somewhere.... Would have looked into it more but the footy started ;)

Reactions: bigcol and skippy

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Yes and Freo came unstuck against the power but the better team won. :(
:)Sydney to win the flag I reckon @dagree
But I am on the Port Power ban wagon now after Freo being knocked out "I hope the underdogs win" but I have a feeling Sydney will be way to strong for the other AFL sides.

Just had a thought, did you check that the one way valve did not have any plastic in it after having it repaired? They are temperamental those valves and they don't like any foreign objects in them.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Just had a thought, did you check that the one way valve did not have any plastic in it after having it repaired? They are temperamental those valves and they don't like any foreign objects in them.
Yep it checked out OK...... Got water through it but for some reason the water isn't getting into the hot water system????
Only thing I didn't pull apart was the isolation valve where it goes into the heater.... Too hard to get to so will leave it to the experts on Friday ;) ;)

Would have liked to see one of our local teams in the GF.... But I'm guessing a Hawks vs Sydney one with, as you said, Sydney taking the cup!

Reactions: skippy

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Last major mod completed this morning... Electronic Stability Control now fitted. Excellent service and a quality installation thanks to the guys at Caravanland in Cannington :encouragement:

Was very tempted to try a couple of fast lane changes to try it out on the freeway on way home but didn't think the other drivers along there would appreciate it ;)

Picked up a Companion wireless fridge thermometer from BCF around the corner (25% off for the weekend so happy with that). Just have to work out where to mount it!!!!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Was pre-wired @davemc . Had plugs for plug n play but they tidied up the wiring and hard wired it in!
Didn't have anything on last van but it was a lot lighter... Main reason we had it fitted was to keep Mrs Dagree happy after receiving some photos of a friends written off van that picked up a sway at 80KMH with no trucks or wind :o

Haven't felt any "issues" with the new van but have only done shortish trips so far.